Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys what's the biggest tire any of you are running on a 20" oem wheel at stock height. Or better yet with either a mini lift or an adjustable coilover i.e. radflo/icon/saws in the front. I have stock 18" set up. I have 17" OR wheels that I just sent out to get powder coated flat black with 315/70/17 that when I did a dry fit look to have rubbing at the pinch weld. I also have a set of MM 956 with 325/60/18 with no rubbing, unless I'm at or near full lock and hit a bump. I just purchased a set of stock 20" OEM and I'm looking to go a little narrower and a little taller than my 325/60/18. Here is what I'm looking at for tire size. Oh and I'm looking for an A/T tread design. I'd like the tire at 295-305 width and overall ht. of 33.5-34" if it will fit. I might either have to put on a 6" kit or possibly get some upper control arms. My current set up is an 07 4X4 SE with DR/Icon coilovers up front for a leveled look approx. 2 lift in the front and stock ht. in the rear with DR/Icon shocks.

295/60/20 Nitto's Terra Grappler A/T Should be around 34", but Nitto says 34.5"
305/55/20 33.2

Falcon Wildpeak 305/55/20 33.1"

Toyo Open Country A/T 305/55/20 33.2"
275/65/20 34.1"

BF Goodrich 305/55/20 33.4"
275/65/20 34.1"

Goodyear Duratrac 305/55/20 33.2"
285/60/20 33.5"

There are more like Cooper, Hankook and Kuhmo. Just to many to list.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Just got 35x12.5x20 nitto trails mounted yesterday. Damn close to spindle, rubs my new brake bracket but can be easily fixed. Thought I was going to have to run adapters but so far so good.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well I would definatley vote for the DuraTracs! I have the 305-55 and only have a 1.5" level on the front of my 09. No rubbing at all. Pulled teh front mud flaps just in case but am gonna throw them back on in the next few days.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got 35x12.5x20 nitto trails mounted yesterday. Damn close to spindle, rubs my new brake bracket but can be easily fixed. Thought I was going to have to run adapters but so far so good.
35" is too big for my truck, you have a 6" lift. I'm sure they look good, but I only have an adjustable coilover in the front.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I would definatley vote for the DuraTracs! I have the 305-55 and only have a 1.5" level on the front of my 09. No rubbing at all. Pulled teh front mud flaps just in case but am gonna throw them back on in the next few days.
How do you like the Duratracs? How is the noise level. I do about 85% highway, 14% street and less than 1% in the dirt. I have my front mudflaps off since I put on my 325/60/18 toyo's. I live in So. Cal so no snow mostly dry on occasion some rain.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I really like them. The main reason that I went with them, besides them looking WICKED, was becase they were siped. I think they should wear well because of that as well. I have had them for about 5k km and so far so good. I am the same way with mostly highway, but got them for the snow and ice. The highway noise is suprisingly good for the tread pattern. I was suprised for sure. I did notice them more last night when I was pulling the travel trailer for the first time. They go alittle louder. Another thing that I noticed when pulling was that the sidewall felt like it had some give. I have heard that about them before but I chalked it up to two things. I was VERY heavy with the trailer I was pulling (not mine and was making the T sweat) and the fact that they are recommended for a 9.0 min rim and ours are 8.0. All and all I love them and very glad I got them. Like I said, they have my vote!

·
Registered
264 Posts
HAHA! Where you located? Tires are so much cheaper in the states compared to canada. Excpet those cuz I think GY is a canada brand. I paid 400 per tire up here and that didn't include mount and balance. My buddy hooked me up with the labour.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAHA! Where you located? Tires are so much cheaper in the states compared to canada. Excpet those cuz I think GY is a canada brand. I paid 400 per tire up here and that didn't include mount and balance. My buddy hooked me up with the labour.
EDIT: They're all expensive WOW.... On average 300-400 per tire from all the manufactures. The cheapest I found is Falcon Wildpeak @ 225-250 per tire. I'm debating between the Toyo Open Country AT and the Goodyears. I'm partial to the Toyo's and will probably buy these. I've had Toyo's on my truck the 18" tire for the past 2-3 years and they've been an excellent tire for me. I've had Goodyears in the past and never like them other than the Eagle GT that were on my Chevy truck. Thanks for the help, all I need to do now is move some wheels around this week and mount some 20's......

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So B4 I get my new tires mounted on the OEM 20" should I keep the stock color or powder coat Black or Grey to match the truck. I have the Smoke colored Titan......

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have 295/60/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on stock 20 inch LE wheels. I have a 1.5 inch lift and had to do the pinch weld mod and heated up the inner fender plastic liner. Doesn't rub.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts