Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know, I cannot confirm this through any literature, but I have heard that the 05 LE will have 20" wheels.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Since we are on the subject of "I heard" well I "read" Nissan is considering a 3/4 ton and possibly a diesel if not next year the following.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1Titan said:
Since we are on the subject of "I heard" well I "read" Nissan is considering a 3/4 ton and possibly a diesel if not next year the following.

I "heard" from a guy that heard from a guy. So who knows!!! :) He is a Vendor for Nissan, and said that an Engineer he was speaking to on the phone told him that. He was cocky and arrogant too, so who knows.

·
Registered
513 Posts
They should totally have a diesel but i don't think it would be next year. I think they would like to see how good their sales are and if it is hurting other trucks.

·
Registered
497 Posts
woah, thats a scary thought. if our endurance makes more torque at just about every point then a hemi how much torque would the desiel have? :explode:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I heard that Nissan is coming out with a twin turbo Titan V12 that puts out 650hp and 812ft-lbs of torque...supposed to be out tomorrow. :upsidedow Sorry I am just being a sarcastic @ss. You can never really believe what you hear.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dman said:
I heard that Nissan is coming out with a twin turbo Titan V12 that puts out 650hp and 812ft-lbs of torque...supposed to be out tomorrow. :upsidedow Sorry I am just being a sarcastic @ss. You can never really believe what you hear.

Hey, i understand. But no one believed me that there was going to be an Alitma SE-R either. :cheers:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Kyle,

Would aftermarket wheels mess up the air pressure warning system?
I see everyone is changing wheels and would like to have a 20 or 22 inch set myself w/o worring about the electronics involved.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The tire pressure system actually is done through the valve stem. They cost around 80 dollars so be carefull when removing and re-installing.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
ATitan4Me said:
The tire pressure system actually is done through the valve stem. They cost around 80 dollars so be carefull when removing and re-installing.
Yeah, the TPS's are a cinch, but like he said be careful. They are not very delicate, but are expensive if you break 'em.

There is about a 1" square by 1/2" deep electronic something or other attached to the base of the valve stem inside the tire, that just kinds of floats there not contacting anything inside (except the valve stem it is attached to, obviously).
These just get removed and reinstalled in your new wheels before the tire gets put on. I had left the wheels off over night and had to take the whole truck to the dealer to get the system "reprogrammed" which was free of charge. They brought a little computer out and plugged it into the truck and Reset something in the truck's computer to trip that light back off and then the system has worked perfectly, just like before.

The service writer said if this is all done within an hour or so, the truck's computer won't know anything has changed and you won't have to get it reset.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, the monitors are in the valve stems as said. They monitor the actual pressure in the tires so aftermarket wheels won't affect the readings.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Future Titan's

1Titan said:
This is true, and they are hard at work on a SRT-10 killer. Next year should bring the supercharged titan early, and the HD longbed diesel later. The sales figures have blown them away, they can't build em fast enough to meet current demand therefor, they now know that it is worth it to biuld other versions. The only info I have on the diesel is that it will put the competition in it's place. Somewhere in the area of 600hp and 1000tq. The truck is said to tip the scales at near 10k lbs and be capable of towing close to 20k lbs. I guess we all shall see. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
ImportTANK said:
This is true, and they are hard at work on a SRT-10 killer. Next year should bring the supercharged titan early, and the HD longbed diesel later. The sales figures have blown them away, they can't build em fast enough to meet current demand therefor, they now know that it is worth it to biuld other versions. The only info I have on the diesel is that it will put the competition in it's place. Somewhere in the area of 600hp and 1000tq. The truck is said to tip the scales at near 10k lbs and be capable of towing close to 20k lbs. I guess we all shall see. :)

I'm not trying to be argumentative at all - I love my Titan - but there is no way Nissan is "blown away" with the Titan sales figures. It was well documented when the rebates/financing were announced that Nissan is well behind on their 100,000 unit/year figure. Most dealers in my area (Denver, CO) have a glut of them on the lots - it made negotiating for mine a much easier process too.

Nor can I figure out how you can possibly claim to have access to that kind of detail - but just that. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but c'mon man. 1000tq? 20k towing? You're entering troll territory with those claims:)

Not that I think it's deserved at all; it's a great truck. I just think as the first "real" full-size pickup mass-marketed in the US by someone other than the big 3, it needs more time to work it's way in.

As for the topic at hand, 20 inch wheels, my dealership offers them as a dealer option and had 4 or 5 LE models on the lot with it already done (and chrome rims, to boot). The sales manager there seemed to think the LE would get 20 inch wheels standard w/o the off road package, but the off-road package would stick with 17 inch to allow the extra clearance in the wheel wells.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts