Nissan Titan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Roofing project at the house this weekend......My little trailer would help me but the tires are suspect. Can the Titan handle 2000 lbs of material in the bed????

Figured it like this:

27 bundles of shingles @ 70 pounds a bundle = 1890
4 rolls of paper @ 15 pounds a roll = 60
Roof nails = 45
3 sheets of 1/2 plywood @ 15 lbs a sheet = 45

Does those figures sound about right??

Later

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Easy answer: no. I'd make two trips.

That said, if you take it easy you should be ok.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
If I didn't have to go too far I would do it. But its really not safe..

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy answer: no. I'd make two trips.

That said, if you take it easy you should be ok.
Dang...this helps but does not help :redblob"

I remember loading up my old 1995 Hardbody 4X4 with a Utlity pole, Concrete steps, and some other items. Had it squatting but it made it......Just figured the Titan could handle the weight.

Any other hard facts of over payload from you guys would make me feel better. 2 trips suck, but it is safer I guess.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Make two trips - why take a chance?

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Guys have done this... I know I've seen reports of 2K+ in the bed.

That said, this puts a lot of strain on your truck. I've had to replace wheel bearings and other suspension components on old trucks because of overloading it.

Like I said...it "can" be done but if it were me that's two trips.

·
Registered
36 Posts
About a year ago, I put in 2000 lbs. worth of landscaping stones for our yard. Nothing happened, but it put the bed way down. I probably shouldn't of done it, but I didn't care... plus they over design things usually.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I like to haul 2000 lbs of a$$ around sometimes and have no problems! lol

If I were you, i wouldn't risk it. why ruin a nice truck?

·
Premium Member
58,403 Posts
I don't know what year your Titan is but if it's an 07 or earlier and you have the old shackles I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I've had over 2300# in it more than once. I just loaded as far forward as possible and took it easy. Went about 15 miles. That said though, I do have the '08 with newer shackles. Can it handle it? Sure. Would I do it on a regular basis? Probably not. One of the times I also had a load of 3300lbs of stone in tow. Most trucks are overdesigned but it doesnt mean is should be assumed and abused. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I saw the title "2000 lbs in the bed" and had flashbacks to my not-so-sober years.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As much as me and everyone on here brags about how great these trucks are, it's pretty bad if you can't haul 2000 lbs! My buddy at work said he put 3000 pounds in a '04 ford ranger, he said it bottomed the springs out but it was fine thereafter.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
As much as me and everyone on here brags about how great these trucks are, it's pretty bad if you can't haul 2000 lbs! My buddy at work said he put 3000 pounds in a '04 ford ranger, he said it bottomed the springs out but it was fine thereafter.
uuuuuhh, was he drunk and remembers that correctly or was it a really beat up ranger that he didn't care about? oh you can do it, i have on more than a couple of occasions, but only because it was for a short trip.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Yes it could be done. Would I do it? No.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the replies.......Father in law pulled some strings and the Building material place will deliver to the house.

Later

·
Registered
141 Posts
my boss put about 2000 pounds in our company titan today and made me drive it to his house...the springs were on the bump stops and i wanted to slap him in the face for doing this...but i like my job, it wasnt my titan, and i did make it...good luck to the second owner of the truck when he sells it though

·
Registered
917 Posts
Buy you some overload springs and "getter done". it would be hard on your truck but it can handle it. I had a 2003 dodge hemi 4x4 regular cab and carried an easy 1500lbs in it all the time my Polaris 800 with fuel 200lbs of water for camping a mountain bike a grill and loading ramps.. never one problem with the dodge. I am pretty sure the titan can handle it as well..

·
Registered
917 Posts
I will say though I had 4.56 gears in the old dodge...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
On one of my work site titans we hauled a lil over 2k. It was only for like 6 miles so it was fine. The truck's *** was low though..i wouldn't recommend leaving it loaded for too long. Just be careful. By the way..the back of the truck is gonna feel very wishy washy (sorry for the childish term). take it slow.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.