Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other night i pulled up at a red light and a white mach 1 stang pulled up next to me. he dusted me off the line and pulled me by probally 6 lengths. this happened at the next light as well. then we were cruising at about 55 and i we both got on it and i dusted him by four lengths up to 90. you tell me was he playing with me or is the titan that fast?

·
Registered
392 Posts
titanswfl said:
the other night i pulled up at a red light and a white mach 1 stang pulled up next to me. he dusted me off the line and pulled me by probally 6 lengths. this happened at the next light as well. then we were cruising at about 55 and i we both got on it and i dusted him by four lengths up to 90. you tell me was he playing with me or is the titan that fast?
He was probably not tryn. He weighs like 1/2 of what we weigh with 400+ horses.

·
Registered
32 Posts
titanswfl said:
There was no 2000 Mach 1. The Mach 1 was only offered in 2003 and 2004.

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't a Taurus?

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
And a good coat of wax will give you an extra 10

·
Registered
392 Posts
MY BAD!!!!Gosh I thought those things were better than 305!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Titan4mde said:
MY BAD!!!!Gosh I thought those things were better than 305!!!
They are actually. Closer to 320 hp or so. They run 5.4L Navigator cams which would benefit torque production in the lower end but they also run the same 4V heads the 03/04 Cobras have so the topend didn't suffer either. They are very stout cars...you won't hang with one with a some serious mods.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
You won't hang with one even with a supercharger.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yall keep talking crap i own one....they only offered them in 03 and 04...305 320 to the crank..they are a 4.6 quad cam 32 valve motor mine makes 315 340 to the wheels with exuast intake and a dyno tune i have ran a best of 12.7 but i know the car has more in it than that but i just cant get the damn thing off the line with out lighting up the tires...best 60ft to date is a 2.01

·
Registered
279 Posts
Blown330 said:
They are actually. Closer to 320 hp or so. They run 5.4L Navigator cams which would benefit torque production in the lower end but they also run the same 4V heads the 03/04 Cobras have so the topend didn't suffer either. They are very stout cars...you won't hang with one with a some serious mods.
cams are a little different then the navi ones and the heads are not the same as codras same design(4 valve) but different port....sorry for being an *** but this is my field of knowledge

·
Registered
341 Posts
oxmach said:
cams are a little different then the navi ones and the heads are not the same as codras same design(4 valve) but different port....sorry for being an *** but this is my field of knowledge

Ummm...you own one then you better double check your info. Mach 1's and 03/04 Cobras run the same cylinder heads. In fact the heads were used on the Mercury Marauders (whole engine is essentially identical to the Mach 1's) and currently in the Lincoln Aviators. Cams are essentially 5.4L Navigator cams. Intake cams are identical, exhaust cams are a little different (bit more lift) but have longer duration than the Cobra cam (same duration as the Navi cam).

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
and don't forget... that K&N filter sticker that people mount on the outside of their vehicles... wow... 50 more HP!!!!! :)

I still don't understand why people have to advertise they have a $40 filter... I believe that sticker is to mount next to the air filter to inform shops that its not a disposable filter. You won't see me adding a sticker to my vehicle to advertise "synthetic oil" or "slush mats" or "long life battery" or "Fram oil filter"... :D

·
Registered
279 Posts
thats what i was tryiong to get at a 4v head is a 4v head but with different porting and such made to flow a little better cause if you took the blower away from the cobra it would make less power than my car...not trying to start anything man but i do know a little what i am talking bout

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Mach 1's are fast will edge out the new GT's with almost the same advertised HP numbers. No your truck didn't out run a mach1.

I almost bought one but my wife didn't like the "playdough" blue, so I got a black '05 GT.

·
Registered
279 Posts
azul blue ftw i like that color a lot and i can say i have put away some new gts

·
Registered
341 Posts
oxmach said:
thats what i was tryiong to get at a 4v head is a 4v head but with different porting and such made to flow a little better cause if you took the blower away from the cobra it would make less power than my car...not trying to start anything man but i do know a little what i am talking bout
The heads are identical between yours and the 03/04 Cobras. I'm very much aware that there are several variants (B-heads, C-heads, 03/04 Cobra heads, FR500 heads, GT/GT500 heads). The B-heads were used in 96-98, C's from 99-01, and then yours. Taking the blower off the Cobra would make less because it has 8.5:1 CR compared to the 10.5:1 CR of the Mach 1's.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts