Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/430063130.html

This is actually my neighbors. Real nice guy who just had a kid so he wants something more practical. The description is spot on. I'm actually sad to see him sell it. The thing is almost new. He hasnt even put enough miles on it to get its first tune up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah but it's still a 2003 and it is used. $32K for a 5 yr old Z is a little too high I think. I owned a Z just before I bought my Titan. My friend owns 2 Z's. One supercharged which he bought for $25K. With the new 2008 Z and all of it's new upgraded features and engine, I think your neighbor would be better off lowering to around $26-28K since new one can be bought for less than $30K.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
please explain to me how a new 08 is better then his 03 with non knock off parts with 8000 miles. SC has probably about 500 on it. Not bein a smartass I'm just curious.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's just supply and demand. Unless it's a rare classic, like the GT-R, price usually plummet over time. There are just too many 350Z's out there. And most people would rather drive a brand new car that no one has owned. The main reason people buy used cars is for the price. Also, almost no one will need the power of a supercharged 350Z. Only hard core enthusiasts would ever consider supercharged engine. But the hard core enthusiasts usually prefer to modify their own cars rather than buying it pre-modified.

Ask around. If you've spend some $$ on mods and sold your car afterwards, you know that you barely recover any of the upgrade costs when you sell.

I'm not saying your neighbor's Z is a bad car in any way or form. I just don't think he'll be able to sell for that price. With the new baby, I would think he needs a quick sale.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Do you just go into these forums just to knock on peoples rides they're trying to sell? I've looked at a couple of threads in here and you keep telling the seller, or in this case the sellers friend , how the car is priced too high or how you can buy a brand new model for thousands less. You're a d***! If you've got nothing good to say go elsewhere rather than trying to bash on these forums. Oh btw that 350 is sexy, good luck selling.

·
Registered
79 Posts
GrayB83 said:
Do you just go into these forums just to knock on peoples rides they're trying to sell? I've looked at a couple of threads in here and you keep telling the seller, or in this case the sellers friend , how the car is priced too high or how you can buy a brand new model for thousands less. You're a d***! If you've got nothing good to say go elsewhere rather than trying to bash on these forums. Oh btw that 350 is sexy, good luck selling.
You can suck me. :)

Forums are venue for posting opinions. If you can't deal with the truth go cry to your mommy.

People come to forums to get ideas, read honest opinions, and hopefully find out things that they didn't realize which may save them some headache, regrets, and/or money.

According to your logic, it would be better for a member that just doesn't know any better to get ripped off so another member can bank on it. Good logic there *hit 4 brains! :D

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Personally I hope he changes his mind. He's not desperate to sell. He just thought about selling it as he barely drives the thing. When he said he babies it he isnt kidding. I just love the fact that he went genuine hi end parts unlike bein a poser like me with my Nismo badged poser mobile:upsidedow

·
Registered
79 Posts
If he's spent the dough to fix it up over the past 3-4 years and it has less than 10K miles. It wouldn't be smart to sell. He won't be able to sell it for half the price of what it's worth and he won't be able get another comparable car for the sales price. Even Toyota Camry's cost $25K these days...

I bought my 350Z when it was 1 yr old with 14K miles. I bought it from some rich guy who just gets bored easily and wanted to buy another car. He upgraded the exhaust, intake, wheels and tires. He sold it to me for $21K. This was back in 2004 when Z's were fairly new. If I had a choice, I would have kept my Z. But with kids, my wife was nagging me too much about getting a four door. So, I sold my Z and got the Titan.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm not gonna get in the middle of this whole thing, but i just sent the link to my little brother. He loves the Z's and was looking for an older one. Tell your neighbor to keep his hopes up. A great car doesn't have to do much to sell itself. And that baby looks clean as a whistle.

IMO, buying used is the way to go, but thats just me. I bought my Titan for 25k last October. I considered it a steal!

BTW, my family lives in Danville, CA.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kotackchi said:
.... he won't be able get another comparable car for the sales price. Even Toyota Camry's cost $25K these days...
He actually plans on getting the wife a 7 series next year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts