Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nissan has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2004-2006 Nissan Titans.

On some affected vehicles, a issue with an Engine Control Module relay may over time cause engine performance issues including stop running while vehicle is in motion.

(I suspect there eluding to the IPDM issue)

If you have previously paid for repairs related to this issueprior to this notification you may be eligble for reimbursement.

You can find a reimbursement form at www.nissanassist.com
You may also call Nissan via a dedicated line toll free
at 1-800-867-7669

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I checked at my Dealer last Saturday, and they said no Recall on my particular 2006. (Maybe that will change???) However, I was able to purchase the new Relay for just $3.00, so went ahead and got one anyway. It has a Nissan Part Number on it, so can not directly cross reference to the exact NAIS (Panasonic) as I did in the past, to see if it is exact one we have been promoting on here in the $7 Relay thread or a change had been made.

If this was not a Recall item, the Nissan price would have been about $35! Way too much, so glad to see our Relay is readily available at a very good price. I would rather pay $3 than wait an hour or two for the service department to replace it anyway. In and Out in 5 minutes! Done Deal!

I am going back Wednesday for the Fuel Sender Recall, that I received advanced notice of an upcoming recall, many months ago, but no second notice of it now being active.

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
What part number was on it TB?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Same as the Wrapper says basically.

On the Relay Plastic Bag is: 284B7-CW29E
On the Relay itself also reads: 284B7-CW29E and the following:

0 0927F
Thailand

Also has a large W on the Left.

So, the 284B7-CW29E is stamped where a true OEM part number would be, such as ACM33211 for the CM1a-D-12V we were selling.

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
Same as the Wrapper says basically.

On the Relay Plastic Bag is: 284B7-CW29E
On the Relay itself also reads: 284B7-CW29E and the following:

0 0927F
Thailand

Also has a large W on the Left.

So, the 284B7-CW29E is stamped where a true OEM part number would be, such as ACM33211 for the CM1a-D-12V we were selling.
Special part for Nissan ... I bet its the same, or it could have copper contacts to prevent the arcing

Reactions: TitanBlue

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to dig this thread up from the dead. But just had my truck breakdown because of the relay last Thursday. Towed to a dealership to have the recall done on it. The dealership says my truck has no recalls. Ok so I call the Nissan 1 hotline. They say I have four recalls, they call the dealership and somehow the four recalls show up. Well they do the work for the Four recalls and send me on my way. No this morning heading home from work my truck shuts off again while at idol at a stop light.

Question: Do I have a bad IPDM? Is this covered under the recall? Did I get shafted by a shady dealership? What are my other options for solutions or possible problems?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I had the stall at idle and rough running then stop thing going on. took it in to the dealer for the ECM recall and they say it causes exactly what my vehicle is doing. Then when they put the vehicle on the diagnostic machine to read codes, they call and say it will be $3007 to replace both catalytic converters as they are completely stopped up and cannot replace ECM till that is fixed because it won't read properly.
Now I drove up there with no power losss and 60+ miles per hour so I am thinking BS on the bad cats!
they won't do the recall without the other and now the truck won't start and sitting at the dealer. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
5 Posts
F=ck them, go to the parts dept and get a relay for $4. The recall only replace the ecu relay bout the ecu/ecm
What code are you getting?

☞Sent from here☜
trying to remember since it was a couple weeks ago I checked but think it was P0420 and P0430 which I read to be the O2 sensors.
now it is at stealership and wont start and I don't have the reader to go up there and verify their lies.

I will try the relay today and see where it gets me
thanks for the info

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I replaced the ECM module which is a recall item and in less than 7 minutes including taking out the battery which was in the way. It starts like brand new.

I drove over to Oreilly's and hooked up the code reader and it does say P020 and P030 below threshold.

So I reset it and will see after about 60-70 miles if the check engine light comes back on.

I found something in the forum saying the check engine light may be because of the ECM instead of actually being bad cats.

It is amazing how the stealership won't replace the $2.34 module without the $3007 catalytic converter replacement but I can do it in less than 10 minutes and drive off doing fine with plenty of power.

Also air blowing out of the tailpipe says to me the cats are not completely stopped up as it was described to me at the stealership!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts