Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a 2010 Keystone Sprinter Travel Trailer. The trailer has a Hitch Weight of 630 lbs, Dry Weight of 6,574 lbs, and a Cargo Weight of 2,856 lbs. I am starting to get a little leary of pulling it with my 2004 4x4 LE Crew Cab without the Big Tow Package, I have a brake controler, and a trailer hitch.

The salesman said my truck would be able to pull the trailer with no problems and recomended that I put a weight distrubution hitch on. I have a few questions: First off can my Titan tow this thing? Second what should I add to the Titan maximize the chances of not breaking anything? Any suggestions on transmission fluid weights etc, transmission cooler, helper springs, air bags, sway control hitches, etc. Any suggestions would be helpful. We got a great deal on the trailer, my life loves it, and my kids are excited. I just want to know what I am getting into before I sign on the dotted line.

Thanks for any help you guys could give.

·
Registered
827 Posts
You should definitely get a good weight distribution hitch as loaded you will be right at the max rating for the truck. A lot of members here like the Equal-i-zer hitch. Also, does your truck have the XE steel wheels, or is it an SE or LE? Due to the steel wheels on the XE's from back then the max tow rating was 5,000 lbs. I had an 05 XE, and that is what the manual said. As for the rest of the truck, maybe a good transmission temperature gauge would help if you will have a lot of hills on your trips. Also, and some other members will have to help on this, but you may need new shackles for the rear springs. Seems I remember hearing that they were pretty weak on the first few years of trucks. And now with yours being 8 years old, it may be worth looking into.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Yes you will be fine I got a 05 CC LE Non Big tow. I pull a 30 foot sunnybrook dry weight of about 6200lbs . I use the Equal-i-zer hitch love the hitch but a pain in the [email protected]# to set up, but when set up best thing since sliced bread. I did nothing to my truck. I see your from Pa me to just use a good break controller and take you time you will be just fine. Pa is like living in a bowl any way you go got to climb a mountain somewhere. I have had no troubles Just let the motor rev and you can go just about anywhere you point the truck! Good luck and happy camping. hope this helps!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice, it makes me feel better with the purchase, I definately am going to go with equilizer hitch and I have the LE wheels. Now to see how serious my wife is about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts