Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys in need of some help. I recently bought a 2004 Titan 4x4. The guy I bought it from said that they had recently replaced the drivers rear axle, due to a wheel coming off. Long story short, is it apparently damaged the e-brake assy. In doing so, they didn't replace it and I have a abs and a slip light on. So here's the problem....when I engage the 4 wheel drive, it won't lock in.
The 4wd light just flashes and the little wheel indicator just flashes. I'm assuming its because of the e-brake assy. Is missing and the warning lights are on. Any help in this would be very much appreciated. And on that note where can I get a e-brake assy?
Thanks.....

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19,274 Posts
The tone ring for the ABS needs to be replaced if it was damaged when the e-brakes went boom. Why they didn't do all that work (and notice the damage) when the axle was replaced is beyond me. However, do the simple stuff first. Check to make sure the ABS cable to that axle is correctly inserted on the back side of the brake shield (towards the inside of the axle, not the outside).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tone ring for the ABS needs to be replaced if it was damaged when the e-brakes went boom. Why they didn't do all that work (and notice the damage) when the axle was replaced is beyond me. However, do the simple stuff first. Check to make sure the ABS cable to that axle is correctly inserted on the back side of the brake shield (towards the inside of the axle, not the outside).
We'll do.....thank you.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts