Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a 2004 LE BT OR and i am wondering why i dont have the e lock feature. Was it just put on certain Ts that year or what. The salesman told me when i bought it that it had it but there is no switch to turn it on. Hope someone out there can help. Thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
If you don't have a switch to turn it on then you dont have it..... the salesman lied! The switch for mine is under the heater/AC controls area.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Early 2004s Off-Road package did not include the e-locker. The early e-locker was a two spider design and failure prone, so you aren't missing much. You can have a TrueTrac installed.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Early 2004s Off-Road package did not include the e-locker. The early e-locker was a two spider design and failure prone, so you aren't missing much. You can have a TrueTrac installed.
Mine has one and it's a May '04 build. I knew of a couple of April '04 builds that didn't get them, but one right at the end of April that did.

I'd prefer the 4 spiders design, but I've used mine a lot, with no issue. It's true that more rear failures occur on the early OR Titans than other models, but it is still a relative low percentage, probably much less than 1%.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts