Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Crew Cab with under 100k miles that has an electrical issue that my dealer cant diagnose and I need help.

Background:

6 weeks ago I was towing my boat uphill on the freeway (Tow mode was engaged) when I lost all power and coasted off the road. The VDC and Slip lights came on my dash. The engine ran fine, but was in some sort of limp mode and would not go over 1500ish RPM. I got it towed to a local mechanic who replaced the throttle pedal switch but that did not solve it. He recommended I take it to Nissan. It was towed to Nissan Dealer in California who has had it for 3 weeks and they have just given up. They believe it is a short somewhere in the wiring harness, they even replaced the ECU and got the same errors. It would $2-3k to replace the wiring harness so they recommended that I source out a good electrical shop.

Two questions:

First- Any idea what could be causing this? The codes that are being tripped are the following:

P2138
P2122
P1229
P0550

Every code that is being kicked back by the computer has been checked/replaced and is fine. When the harness is plugged into the ECU they get a ground signal instead of power then the codes appear.

Second- Can anyone recommend a shop in the Folsom/Sacramento area that can handle this type of issue?

Thank you so much, Im really backed into a corner here.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sorry to hear of your issues. I am unsure how long you have owned the truck but if you bought it new maybe get on the line with Nissan Consumer affairs and see about getting it sent to another certified dealer.

I am sure the dealer already inspected the rear harness for damage. I wonder if your truck had the recall done for the trailer plug having two unprotected wires (fuesless).

If you have time google 2004 nissan titan electrical issues and so on, your jaw will drop at the complaints filed specifically concerning the wiring and wiring harness along with the control modules.

Dealer may be onto something about sending it to a shop that specializes in electric/wiring.

I am sure (or would hope) they did all the circuit and ground checks there and must not of been able to come up with a definitive cause.

Hope you get it back on the road.

Keep us updated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like I may have found a solution....

My exhaust pipe from behind my muffler had corroded, melting the wire harness running back behind on the passenger side. Dealership is going to fix and update me.

Scary thing is that I found the solution on Titan Talk and called them.... they didnt even physically inspect the sections of wiring that were visible. My truck has been there for almost a month!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts