Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing my RC kit in a few weeks. I am looking for struts. What do you guys think about the RC struts for the 6" kit no need for spacers? Should I go ahead and put 08 coils on while I'm at it? Or use bilsteins and 08 coils with the RC spacers.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
bilsteins on bottom or middle perch should be fine. You running the RC uppers too? I wouldn't waste your time on RC struts, they're gonna probably be generic shocks (stock/autozone/really crappy) that are re branded. Plus you know Bilsteins work great.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the Bilsteins ordered should i go ahead a get the newer coils springs as well? If so wheres the best place to get them from?

Thanks for the Help

·
Premium Member
75,521 Posts
I replaced my coils only because one was broken.

You can get the coils almost anywhere but if you go through nissan they'll want your VIN number so I don't know if you'll get the 08 coils or 04.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Moog sells the coils. I wouldn't worry about it. It might end up riding harsher then you want. its up to you obviously though. You'll need to get the spring isolator and hardware for the coils too, i don't think they come with all the necessary parts, but its been YEARS since i did 08 coils/bilsteins on my old 2006

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I use 08 coils and 5100's should i get the rc uppers as well? Going to pick up SS extended brake lines. Try to make sure i have everything i need before i get started. Anything else i may need?

Thanks for help

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Probably yes. Make sure RC tells you the direction the Rc 6" spacers go on top of the struts. a bunch of guys are bending their struts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
skipped 08 coils and set 5100 for top setting. Still have to hook up uca but looks like its going to be tough very stiff and has to come way down. I have rc uca coming sure wish I could have gotten better ones but momma is already pissed about my spending spree lol. It looks like it is on par for around 48" to front fender lip, does that sound correct

1 - 11 of 11 Posts