Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am pretty sure I want a Titan and am looking for an older one in the 14-16k range...

edit: it wont let me post the link because I dont have 15 posts or more..

If the link doesn't work you can goto Autotrader and click Find Your Car and by AT#.

AT-DD0EB90

It's a Grey 04 Nissan Titan 4x4 King Cab w/ 67,000 miles...

I currently drive a 2005 Dodge Dakota with 40,000 miles on it... but Dodges are junk... The front shocks on these things are horrible... guys with 3000 miles have blown front shocks. I got them to replace the shocks two times... and now they're blown again and it rides like ****. The power steering pump went out 2 times...

The aftermarket for my truck is pathetic... NO lift kits. (minus a 2" front leveling and a 3" body)

So my question, I think I know the answer, is.... will I be happier with a 1 year older Nissan and 20k more miles? Any problems I should be looking at with that kinda mileage?

I'm thinking the Nissan should last longer and I should be happier... I like to sling some mud every now and then and I want a lifted truck :(

Thanks guys

·
Registered
410 Posts
While mine is not a 4X4 it has (still is) been a great truck. I would not be too worried about buying a used one if you can get enough info on it's history. Recalls, upgrades, detailed pictures and stuff are going to make a difference in how I'd look at a particular truck.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nmanley said:
While mine is not a 4X4 it has (still is) been a great truck. I would not be too worried about buying a used one if you can get enough info on it's history. Recalls, upgrades, detailed pictures and stuff are going to make a difference in how I'd look at a particular truck.

After reading around... it kind of worries me about the rear ends though.... Seems like a lot of people have em going out on them....

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Try to get an '05 or newer...'04 was the first year and had a few bugs

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I wouldn't necessarily fear the mileage. First thing I'd do is get a Carfax report on it to see what has been done to it. Checking the service records prior to even talking price is imperative. If the rear and brakes were serviced along with the tranny, and it's in nice shape when you inspect it, it should work out. The price is about $4000 too high IMO, for this truck, but it's at a car lot... what can you expect? :dunno:

·
Registered
250 Posts
imo i would try and get a 05' if poss. changed the diff cover to a vented one helped in cooling a little better im with P's the 04 had a few kinks that they worked out

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Do you have personal knowledge of this truck? If not, you have no idea if the rear cover has had the replacement service or not. That's why it's best to find out what's been done to it. If all the pertinent items have been handled properly by the previous owner and the dealer, then it's as good as an '05. Knowledge is power... Just need to acquire the necessary knowledge about this particular vehicle before casting it aside as "a problem child."

·
Registered
322 Posts
04 SE 4x4 Titan with 31,500 miles for possible sell. My mods are in my sig. Price 18,000 neg.

[/IMG]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts