Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone can help me with this I have a 2004 Nissan xe Titan I brought a aftermarket keyless alarm system with a push button start and I used the key to start the truck but my starter won't shut off anybody have any idea how can I get the starter to shut off after I remote start my truck

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Sounds like you have a wiring issue. Get the info on the keyless entry system you have installed and grab the schematic for the truck and start tracing how it's hooked up. Something isn't letting go of the starter, and it's either a faulty module in the keyless system or it's bad wiring.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Ok thanks I will do so like I say in a startup but the starter won't cut off the
Then rip out the system. Send it back.

I've owned my share of cars and trucks (about 40 now), and without exception, EVERY ONE that had some aftermarket alarm or start system was FUBAR. I even got a real bargain on a couple of purchases because of that. Owners were fed up with the vehicle, wanted it gone. My win... And all of them were some bargain-brand thing that wasn't a factory-approved accessory.

Sounds harsh, but fiddling with that thing is going to get you nowhere. Honestly I hope you can fix it, but don't waste your lifetime on it - just my experience...

Reactions: jdmartin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up I really appreciate that it's just crazy that this thing was started with the remote but the starter won't shut off I can start the truck up but the starter won't shut off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts