Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know for sure what the diameter is of those pipes? I've seen a lot of 2.25", and some that say its not a normal diameter. The truck is an 04. Whenever I measure them, it always seems like they come out a different size.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Anybody know for sure what the diameter is of those pipes? I've seen a lot of 2.25", and some that say its not a normal diameter. The truck is an 04. Whenever I measure them, it always seems like they come out a different size.

Thanks in advance
If your going to use the stock pipes to weld to the aftermarket Y then get a 2.25"/3" Y flowmaster Y collector. The actual pipes are like 1 7/8"
iD so basically 2" OD. I welded my stock pipes to my 2.25"/3" Y before I got my 2.25" bpipes.

Reactions: StormTroopin

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks deer. Would a 2"- 2.5" fm y work? I want to keep the 2.5" pipes, don't have a whole lot of mod money

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Thanks deer. Would a 2"- 2.5" fm y work? I want to keep the 2.5" pipes, don't have a whole lot of mod money
Oops I thought I read you have a 3" bullet:teethmast yea do the 2.25/2.5 flowmaster Y and it will be perfect. When they weld your stock pipes in there will be about an 1/8" gap they need to weld in. My shop did it no problem.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On jegs they only had a 2"-2.5" y... Ill have to look around. Seems like a 2"-2.5" would work perfect with very little gap

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
On jegs they only had a 2"-2.5" y... Ill have to look around. Seems like a 2"-2.5" would work perfect with very little gap
That would work fine, a ton better than that stock POS. I only said 2.25/3 because I know they make that one. Yea they only make a 2/2.5 2.25/3 and so on.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet, thanks again. Now to find a good shop that won't charge me an arm and a leg... There's no good shops in my area!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Sweet, thanks again. Now to find a good shop that won't charge me an arm and a leg... There's no good shops in my area!
Should about $50, if not leave!

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made a few calls, one shop wants 100 flat, one wants 75$ an hour, and two others want 90$ an hour. I don't have much choice around here... Arg

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
If your going to use the stock pipes to weld to the aftermarket Y then get a 2.25"/3" Y flowmaster Y collector. The actual pipes are like 1 7/8"
iD so basically 2" OD. I welded my stock pipes to my 2.25"/3" Y before I got my 2.25" bpipes.
DeerSlayer – Do you have any pictures of your exhaust system? We’d love to see our Scavenger Series Y-Collector installed in this configuration.

If you’re looking for a Y-Collector with a 2.25” inlet, we only offer 2.25/3.0 (PN:214300), what size did you use?

Link to Y-Collector Page:

Flowmaster Scavenger Series Y Collectors utilize the same patented PULSE TECHNOLOGY

Plus, if you have video of your exhaust, you should submit it to Flowmaster’s Show Us Your Flows contest. We give away prizes every week! You could be a winner next week.

Check out some recent winners:

Brandon Whisler, Dallas, TX

Matthew English, Bellevue, NE

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Deer used the 2.25-3". I wish I could, can't afford more piping and another muffler haha

And both of us can't really submit videos for your contest, we have dynomax mufflers :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts