Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does this truck with the towing package have the radiator issue with it dumping anti frezze into the trans ?I have 140,000 with no issues but i was wondering most things on line say 2005 and up .

·
Premium Member
20,956 Posts
All Titans come with the same radiator from the factory. So yes, it has the potential to put anti-freeze into your transmission if the radiator fails.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Some of us just bypass the radiator and go from the tranny to the external cooler to keep this from happening. I Live in Wisconsin and I have had no issue in the winter months and its been that way for 6 years now.

Todd

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Todd, are you running any sort of aftermarket cooler or did you just bypass the radiator and just run trans to factory cooler back to trans?

·
Registered
57 Posts
You have to run an aftermarket cooler as far as I know. Bypassing the radiator keeps the fluid from cooking. I followed the how to and did the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What would be a good Aftermarket Radiator to use to fix this potential issue ? Did Nissan come up with a fix ? I dont want to replace with a stock one and still run the risk . Not looking to bypass either .
Thanks for the help . Greg

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I wouldn't lose sleep over it or throw money at it. If the radiator hasn't failed by now and you take care of the truck, you are fine in my opinion.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Like Smoke said, don't throw money at it.

I do not run another aftermarket cooler. Only what comes with the Titan. Most I tow is 4k-5k with no issue of heat. If I had a 9k trailer, I would think about adding one.

todd

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Thanks for the info, Todd. I figured the trans could only run cooler than stock if I quit bathing the fluid in hot engine coolant, but everybody says if you bypass you need the aftermarket cooler. You're the first to tell me you just bypassed the warming loop in the radiator tank and did not add an additional external cooler. After warranty runs out on mine, I may consider doing the same bypass-only mod. Need to get some method to digitally read trans temp before and after so I know what temps its running. Wish someone with knowledge would figure out how to get trans temp on Torque like he BDGT gives. That would be super easy.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thanks for the info, Todd. I figured the trans could only run cooler than stock if I quit bathing the fluid in hot engine coolant, but everybody says if you bypass you need the aftermarket cooler. You're the first to tell me you just bypassed the warming loop in the radiator tank and did not add an additional external cooler. After warranty runs out on mine, I may consider doing the same bypass-only mod. Need to get some method to digitally read trans temp before and after so I know what temps its running. Wish someone with knowledge would figure out how to get trans temp on Torque like he BDGT gives. That would be super easy.
I'm going to install one of these when I get around to it. Ill probably install the temperature probe in a T fitting before my external cooler so it doesn't restrict the flow of fluid.
52mm 2 1 16 Glowshift Blue Digital Transmission Temperature Gauge w Sensor | eBay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts