Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I service my 04 titan when it had about 45k miles on it. Changed Tranny fluid and radiator. Havent touched it since except for changing the oil every 3k miles. My service engine soon light came on so I figured its time. What do you all think I should do?

I also replaced the front rotors and brakes at about 45k because of the jutter. Havent done the back brakes but havent heard any squealing or anything yet.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Hi everyone, I service my 04 titan when it had about 45k miles on it. Changed Tranny fluid and radiator. Havent touched it since except for changing the oil every 3k miles. My service engine soon light came on so I figured its time. What do you all think I should do?

I also replaced the front rotors and brakes at about 45k because of the jutter. Havent done the back brakes but havent heard any squealing or anything yet.
First off....if your CEL is on, it's not gonna go off by changing any fluids. Have the code read so you know what it is. 2nd, you don't say how many miles are on it now so it's hard to say. The owners manual shows the schedule of what to do and when. If you go to a dealer, make sure they do no more than what's in the manual. They're famous for trying to go overboard to make $$$.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If it were me and you had not already done so, I would also change all of the differential fluids/transfer case for peace of mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts