Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am Wondering If I Use A 2 Inch Lift Coil Spring And A 2 Inch Coil Spring Spacer Will That Get Me 4 Inches Of Lift And Is That A Good Way To Go With Out Buying The Cst Spindle

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I Am Wondering If I Use A 2 Inch Lift Coil Spring And A 2 Inch Coil Spring Spacer Will That Get Me 4 Inches Of Lift And Is That A Good Way To Go With Out Buying The Cst Spindle
I'm going to assume you have a 2wd...I have to because you refuse to tell me otherwise!

The 2wd has a very soft spring, and of course the factory shocks are junk...Adding a 2.5" level kit(spacer) will not change the spring rate, but the added height will reduce the frequent bottoming.

Installing the CST 4" lift spindle will not do anything about the bottoming, just provide 4" of lift at the spindle.

You need help in the spring and shock dept.
Call Greg at PRG, perhaps you could run a set of replacement Bilsteins with the Off-Road springs.
If you're on a tight budget, then the 2.5" level kit might be the way to go.
Call Greg...

http://www.prgproducts.com/titan.php

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea Its A 2wd , I Was Just Wondering If Any One Has Done That Using A 2 Inch Spacer And A 2 Inch Lifted Coils Spring Will Give Me A 4 Inch Lift

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Let me uderstand this, you want to add the 2.5" lift block on top of adding a coil spring that is 2 inches longer then the stock coil spring? I've never heard of people adding a longer coil spring to the stock shock but not sure if the stock shock/strut can handle that. The spindle is your best bet into getting a 4" lift. I wish us 4x4 owners could do that.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I re-read your post, the problem with installing both a spacer, and a taller spring is the shocks don't like it, and several guys here have blown their shocks with the added spring.

Again call Greg, maybe you can run the spacer and the Titan's off-road spring...

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
CST 4" spindle lift with a 1" block at the rear axle works great. about $900 from PRG and includes rear bilstein shocks. Easy 2 man job with beer or semi difficult alone with no beer (but who'd wanna do that?)
here's my 04' 2wd with the spindle lift.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what size tire can u run with a 4 inch lift i have 31s on it now and thanx for all your guys info

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I have 35"x12.50"s on 22"x10" rims with just the CST spindles, but I had to trim my bumper a tiny bit and do the pinchweld mod for them to clear.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
PrerunnerGreg said:
You can also get about 4" of lift with just a coilover upgrade (SAW, Radflo or DRE) on any pre '08 2wd.
hey Greg, you still running the special on the coilovers? I need another couple inches on my PC stage1 to give me full articulation of these mud grapplers. what do you suggest?:upsidedow

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
TITANS04 said:
Thats on the same level as use hockey pucks for a body lift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts