Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot get in my truck unless I put my key in the drivers door and turn it so that the window comes down, then I have to reach in and open the door with the inside handle. However there is some sort of problem that is causing the battery to drain if the truck sits for about 2 weeks. If I let it drain I cannot get in the truck. I think there is a short in the door lock system ??? But that dont explain why the outside handle dont work. Please Send Help.:)

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
sounds like a few problems..either way it's pretty hood that you have to roll down your window to get in. Do you have anything in the 12volt accessory outlet? Like GPS..MP3..anything thats constant on?

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
An 04? Have you done a Load Test on the Battery? If original, and setting 2 weeks, minimum voltage may be dropping below a threshold that operates the electric door lock mechanism.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always make sure everything is turned off and i have never even used any accessory plugs. I replaced the battery with a new one and it still goes dead. I have not done a leak test as of yet. I was going to, but I already know that it is leaking, the question is where is the short. I dont know much about this truck but it seems like the door locks are pretty complicated. i will probably be better off taking it to the dealer. i i bought this truck used with 45k on it back in may 08 and it is only @ 48k now. just my luck.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
One of the other guys will chime in.. you might have the new production model warranty. Neve know..dunno what that warranty covers though

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Using the key to unlock should allow you to get in, I'd pull the inner door panel to check the lock mechanisim...

For the electrical, here's a general procedure:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts