Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well check engine light has been on for a while. Haven't driven since. Drove to AutoZone and almost didn't make it. Truck was fighting me the whole way. So they pulled the below codes. The sucker is either stopped up(Cats) or Af sensor. I bought the Bocsh Oxy precat Sensor and it didn't work. YThe truck is still shaking really bad.The CEL keeps coming on and truck is choking out, I don't know what else to do. How do you know for sure if a cat is stopped up? Any suggestions guys? Is m in the Ooltewah,TN area.

Codes thrown

P302
P1279

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome to the forum bro, I also have an 04. For your P302 code I would start by removing and inspecting the coil packs and spark plugs one at a time. 10mm bolt secures the coil pack. Remove it and take it to the bench along with the spark plug. Visual inspection of the plug will tell you to replace it or not. The coil pack you have to measure with a voltmeter the resistance across the terminals. If it is open, it is bad. The condition of the plugs will tell you how the previous owners maintained the truck. If you find a bad coil pack or 2 and don't have the $, I will send you some if you cover my shipping costs. I recently had a bad one and replaced all 8. I have 7 serviceable as removed coil packs available.

Your P1279 sounds like an exhaust leak to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts