Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just about had it with my first model 2001 Acura MDX. There have been so many problems, problems I attribute to it being the first run. This message is a question for those of you with the Titan now, if you had it to do over would you of waited for a 2005?

My other two vehicles are a 1999 Altima and a 2004 350Z Roadster. They have been great cars.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
zpylot said:
I have just about had it with my first model 2001 Acura MDX. There have been so many problems, problems I attribute to it being the first run. This message is a question for those of you with the Titan now, if you had it to do over would you of waited for a 2005?

My other two vehicles are a 1999 Altima and a 2004 350Z Roadster. They have been great cars.

Thanks
Wait? Nah, I love it. My sister visited from out of town, drove it for 15 minutes, and now she's off to trade in her Tundra.

·
Registered
104 Posts
no, I think the real difference will be in 2006 anyways.

I can't imagine Nissan not making these truck owners (us!) happy. They don't want a bad reputation for this truck after all the work to enter the fullsize truck market.

My choices were the Tundra which is also new, or the F-150. I would rather take a chance on a new product from Nissan than an the Ford.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Nope...

Just rolled over 8000 miles in it so far (Since 12 Jan) and we wouldn't change a thing. We really love driving this truck, and with my experiences with Nissan to date, I am not worried.

Chris

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
There is NO Way I could wait that long before I bought one!
I did want the locking diff! But I wanted the truck more!! I ordered mine and had to wait for it! That was long enough! Wait 1 or 2 years!!! Your Kidding right! This is by FAR the nicest truck I've EVER had! And if I do sell it! It will only be because I bought another Titan! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just got my Red XE King Titan 4x4 last night, and all I can say is Holy ****! This is the best dang truck I've ever driven!

And at $100 over invoice, just to good of a deal!

·
Super Moderator
35,654 Posts
Foo said:
I just got my Red XE King Titan 4x4 last night, and all I can say is Holy ****! This is the best dang truck I've ever driven!

And at $100 over invoice, just to good of a deal!
Congratulations Foo! You've found that TITAN Feeling!!! :gunz:

Happy trails,

37L1

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
I needed a truck quickly as I totalled my Tundra (senior moment). Didn't have a choice but I wouldn't have waited anyway. I've owned several initial year vehicles (240Z, 280ZX, TR6, two different style Sentras, Tundra, two different style Maximas, etc.) and not found them any worse than other years.

·
Registered
85 Posts
zpylot said:

Thanks
No Way I would wait until 2005. I'd buy another one tomorrow if I had the money.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't have the exact details... but a friend and one of the dealership personnel had mentioned the Titan/Armada vehicles are not exactly new. They are new to the US and with some minor changes (styling etc.) but the basics of these vehicles were used in other countries. So the bottom line that I gather is the Endurance V8 is not new but is a tried and tested engine for a while.

Basically I was told to pay more attention to the National Geographic shows of what people are driving... GRIN.

·
Registered
107 Posts
maverick17 said:
I don't have the exact details... but a friend and one of the dealership personnel had mentioned the Titan/Armada vehicles are not exactly new. They are new to the US and with some minor changes (styling etc.) but the basics of these vehicles were used in other countries. So the bottom line that I gather is the Endurance V8 is not new but is a tried and tested engine for a while.

Basically I was told to pay more attention to the National Geographic shows of what people are driving... GRIN.
Sorry to give you the bad news, but nothing you were told is true.
Titans were designed for North America and built in Canton, MS. Production began in October 2003. EVERYTHING about it is new. The engine is built in Tennessee and only used in the Titan, Armada, and QX56.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts