Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried signing up on armada forums but it keeps saying i am not entering the verification code correction (which i know i am). so considering i have an 08 titan, and recently bought my wife an 05 armada and they are relatively the same i could ask the question here.

just bought it a few weeks ago. 2 weeks ago i had my whole family in the car and we pulled into an intersection merging with traffic and i went wot to get up to speed and the truck nearly fell on its face. it was bucking and sputtering and would not accelerate. under partial throttle it pulls clean up to about 2500rpms and then it starts with the stumbling, etc...

so i brought it to the dealer but on the way to the dealer it wasnt doing it so i said "oh great" to myself on my way to the dealer. they had it a week and said they found nothing wrong. i picked it up after hours friday night and within 10 minutes of driving it was doing it again. it is certainly not the traction control. im bringing it to them today, but they said without a code they cant do much, and now im feeling ready for blood when i get there because its clearly a problem.

my thoughts,

either clogged fuel filter or injectors.
faulty injectors
faulty fuel pump
perhaps faulty coil packs (not even sure if this has coil packs, but my old 2003 SVT lightning did the same thing when its coil packs went bad, the only different is this is somewhat intermittent where as my lightning was not).

any ideas?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
There's a recall on the ECM Relay in the IPDM and another one on the FSU... My bet is on the relay... Recalls and TSBa can be found over on NissanHelp.com ...

As for ClubArmada, try registering from another computer.. If it still doesn't work, PM me your info including the Username and Password you want to use and the email address you want it registered to and I'll get you setup over there passed the verification screen...

And any other issues you have over there, just send me a PM if you need to.
:cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks pops. while they had it in looking at this issue they just did the latest recall which was electrical related (dont recall what it was). ill try registering from my laptop and see. .............. just got logged in from my laptop. thanks man.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Great!!! Nice to have you over there too. :D Double check which recall work they did and the "work performed"... If it was the ECM Relay, it's probably fixed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Most likely a fuel pump. It typically doesn't set a code. The only way to check it is to put a fuel pressure gauge on it take it out on a test drive and floor it. I doubt they did that. I put dozens of pumps in for this problem.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Probably the IPDM ECU relay is starting to fail. If they changed something under recall it is probably the IPDM which was changed.

·
Registered
433 Posts
could the maf sensor need cleaning??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ever find out what was wrong? My Armada has been doing this for three years now. No one knows what's wrong. No lights come on, and nothing comes up on the diagnostics.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I had the same issue with my 05 Titan the OP is describing. It ended up being my fuel pump. I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge. fuel pressure would fall dramatically at WOT. Also, check the IPDM ECU relay. mine went bad too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2005 armada it started missing last year so i went ahead and changed the spark plugs and it kept missing i changed the fuel pump and injectors and the coil's if i turn the truck on it starts missing i shut it off and restart it and its perffect does anyone have any ideas

·
Registered
456 Posts
Another member recently had the same problem and it ended up being an o2 sensor failing intermittently caused by bad catalytic converters from cracked exhaust manifolds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts