Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2005 Titan Bedliner, Bed-liner, or Bed liner issues w PIX

Thought these pictures might help others identify bedliner problems so that they can get Warranty service before it is too late and identfy it to Nissan Consumer Affairs 1-800-647-7261. Don't forgot to check for indentations under Nissan bed extender rubber feet.

Milky-white bedliner floor (TSB out there for this)

Bubbled (TSB out there for this)

Nissan bed extender damage

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I forgot to mention these are pictures after it was repaired 4 months ago. All this happenend under the 3 year, 36000 mile warranty.

There are 3 TSB's for the bedliner issues: NTB05002(a), NTB05-044, and NTB05083.

I understand it is a truck, but Nissan found actual problems that were causing the bedliner to turn milky-white and bubble. My VIN # fell in line the TSB's. I am just glad Nissan is taking care of the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - Nissan plans to provide rental, completely strip out the bedliner, replace with Rhino liner, re-install Ulti-track to Nissan specs. I will update once the repair is done.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the Rhino liner that Nissan installed for me. My bedliner was turning white too. They fixed it and it has been fine for about 9 months now. The only problem is they need to keep your truck for about 3-4 days. If you don't mind this, it is great. I would bring mine in if this was happening. The bubbling really concerned me because I was worried about rust underneath the bedliner.:Warp:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hopefully will be picking up my titan tonight with new rhino-lining. Had a 12" split in the factory LE bedliner that went to the metal underneath. Dealer took pics to send to Nissan and they said nothing was wrong since it was not a bubble. I know the bedliner is made to take beatings and I have scratched it up quite a bit, but a split is a gateway to rust underneath. So the dealer and the regional rep agreed that it needed to be fixed and the only reliable fix is to strip it and rhino-line it. The stupid thing is that there are only certain places that authorized to do it?? I will have to clear up whether the warranty is from nissan still or by rhino lining, hopefully the lifetime rhino warranty.

Mine is a '05 CC LE.

Steve

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
stock liner suckssss its like sand paper glued on...i had the dealer throw in a line x for me. by far the best one ever.. ive heard problems with rhino but never line x. also they lined my tailgate too instead of cheap plastic cover...

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's too bad you got Rhino. It's going to turn more white than the factory liner. If you get LINE-X with Xtra, it resists fading, no loss of gloss, and is available in black or exact color matching.

Rhino (partially wet):

LINE-X Xtra in black(with lots of sun reflections):

1 - 8 of 8 Posts