Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advise about replacement shocks for my Titan.

I have a 2005 Titan crew cab 2wd. I drive all day long and I am looking for a better ride. My truck seems to bounce around when I ride over rolling humps or dips and tends to hit hard on regular terrain. Overall the ride sucks.

What has anyone else done in a similar situation?

Thanks,

Ty

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Dual Fox's...

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Sorry I couldn't resist...
If you're just looking for frt shocks, and maybe rears also and don't feel the need for the full performance package, PRG has a deal where he'll send you Bilsteins w/springs already installed and you just send your old shocks back...
A good bang for the buck step.
If you feel you could use more Greg has a bunch of options for your 2wd. Start here:

http://www.prgproducts.com/titan.php

·
Registered
224 Posts
timon_s said:
I need advise about replacement shocks for my Titan.

I have a 2005 Titan crew cab 2wd. I drive all day long and I am looking for a better ride. My truck seems to bounce around when I ride over rolling humps or dips and tends to hit hard on regular terrain. Overall the ride sucks.

What has anyone else done in a similar situation?

Thanks,

Ty
i got the adjustable ranchos both front and rear. plus i added new oem springs in the front and oem leafs in the rear.

the ride's okay but it's a bit bouncy since they're ranchos. also the wheels feel heavier than if i still had the oem shocks.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
loufish said:
Sorry I couldn't resist...
If you're just looking for frt shocks, and maybe rears also and don't feel the need for the full performance package, PRG has a deal where he'll send you Bilsteins w/springs already installed and you just send your old shocks back...
A good bang for the buck step.
If you feel you could use more Greg has a bunch of options for your 2wd. Start here:

http://www.prgproducts.com/titan.php
I don't think Greg has the Bilstein coilovers on his web page, but here's a post by Greg that describes his Bilstein with coil exchange offer, around $120 each plus your old coilovers, plus shipping on the old ones. http://www.titantalk.com/forums/830993-post1.html

Ty,
If your can afford more definitely look at getting the Radflo 2" coilovers for around $700/pair shipped. No pics on the PRG site but there are some around here. Description at the bottom of the page > http://www.prgproducts.com/titan_shocks.php

I think PRG now offers a stock application 2.5" SAW coilover with valving spec'd and springs selected by PRG. Probably ~$1000 These would be similar to the DRE.

Donahoe Racing (DRE), 2.5" coilovers around $1150. For stock applications, no aftermarket UCA needed, but can be used with one later, for future upgrade to the 4" Performance package. If buying at one time, probably best to go with the SAW mid lengths below.

SAW mid length 2.5" coilovers ~$1000, but they require an aftermarket upper A-arm such as the ~$550 Total Chaos, or the new ~$600 PRG model with camber adjustment. Used in the 4" Performance Package, and with spindle lifts.

For bracket lifted Titans PRG also has a new PRG spec valved 2.5" SAW (probably around $1000), and 2.5" Reservoir Radflo coilovers for ~$1250.
These may require aftermarket UCA too.

For the rear, there are at least a cople of lengths of Bilstein 5125 (the brushed metal ones), and there's the DRE 2wd and 4wd rear shock, at around the $200 range.
The Bilsteins are firm and might help your bounce issues.​

For around $400 there are the SAW 2 1/4" Reservoir shocks, and also some rear Radflo shocks in this general price range, the Radflo is a 2" Reservoir and is available in several lengths.

Disclaimer: All references to price might be wrong, out of date as well as an item's current availability.
Contact info: 951.780.5331
Email Jen: [email protected]
Email Greg: [email protected]

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you want to replace your shocks only and not add any lift, then maybe just add four Bilsteins from the shockwarehouse.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts