Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just registered to this forum, but I've been reading up on all your posts for a while and appreciate all the good info. Unfortunately, I won't be in the market for a Titan until spring of next year since we got a kid in the hopper and they have a way of draining funds. I was wondering if anyone has heard of new features that are being considered for the 2005 Titan? I sure would like to see a little bit longer bed (like 6.0') on the CC. We do a lot of truck camping (no tents in Montana cause of bears) and that short bed would make it tough for a guy like me to stretch out in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
No tents? You just us a sleeping bag and nothing to cover up with?
No Roof? I have not hear anyting about the next Titan.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I am pretty sure that there won't be any major changes, especially stretching the bed further, but you never know for sure. Usually the Japanese car manufacturers change the vehicles up every 3-4 years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No tents? You just us a sleeping bag and nothing to cover up with?
No Roof? I have not hear anyting about the next Titan.
Lol. A good fiberglass cap over the back of the truck does the trick for us, even though it's probably a false sense of security! It provides just enough protection and time to find the gun! :jester:

·
Registered
780 Posts
truck camping

Marcus:

that why i got the king cab, 6.5' bed: for open truck-bed camping (around black bear & cougar country) for when we're not backpacking.
we also have flash lights mounted under the short barrel long-guns.
the cheasapeak retriver dog acts as sentry. :angel:

i'm fitting in a bamboo hard wood (naturally water resistant wood) panel to the bed floor for added comfort. :cheers:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!!!! Sounds like you use a little more fire power than we do!! :gunz: Unfortunately, the king cab is not a viable option for me since my bride wants the extra room in back for the curtain climbers (soon to be two kids). The CC is my last resort for a truck before we start looking at the armada. :huh:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
actually, there are plans for a supercharged Titan...no details yet

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yipes!! Now that would be some power! They should talk to the Toyota TRD folks. I hear they put out a pretty good supercharger for the Tundra.

·
Registered
780 Posts
supercharged Titan

supercharged Titan?...cool.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Markus said:
Lol. A good fiberglass cap over the back of the truck does the trick for us, even though it's probably a false sense of security! It provides just enough protection and time to find the gun! :jester:

I was disappointed to learn in the owner's manual that Nissan does not recommend slide in campers for the CC.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Markus,

I'm in the same boat as you as far as cab vs. bed. KC is a little too small...CC could've been made smaller. With all the innovations that Nissan made with this truck, too bad they didn't go with 6' on the CC...then they really would've differentiated themselves from the others.

I agree with the others though...I doubt a wheelbase change in the first year is going to happen.

My other requests for 05...

1. Powered Bench Seats
2. More supportive Sport Type Seats or Sport Seat Pkg
3. More flexibility with the packages/options

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Markus said:
Hmmmmmm...... I wonder why that would be???? The no slide in for the CC, that is.

Just speculating.....Maybe due to the short bed lenght of the CC, most of the weight of the slide in would be too far to the rear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
BadMo said:
Markus,

I'm in the same boat as you as far as cab vs. bed. KC is a little too small...CC could've been made smaller. With all the innovations that Nissan made with this truck, too bad they didn't go with 6' on the CC...then they really would've differentiated themselves from the others.

I agree with the others though...I doubt a wheelbase change in the first year is going to happen.

1. Powered Bench Seats
How 'bout the power back window???? I hear folks with the new 4-door tundras really like those.

I hear ya on the KC vs. CC lengths. Just a couple inches shaved off of the CC would have made a great 6.0' bed and might have made the proportions look a little more even.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
BadMo said:
Markus,

1. Powered Bench Seats
I'm not so sure increasing the bed length of the Titan CC would be a good idea. The Titan is already 5" longer than a Suburban! (Titan 224.2" Suburban 219.3") Any more length would make the Titan a highway cruiser and nothing else.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
I'm not so sure increasing the bed length of the Titan CC would be a good idea. The Titan is already 5" longer than a Suburban! (Titan 224.2" Suburban 219.3") Any more length would make the Titan a highway cruiser and nothing else.
I think we were tossing around the idea of taking a little of the length out of the CC and giving it to the bed length. Kinda like the Crew Cab Dodges with the slightly smaller 2nd doors. Just a thought. Actually, I really like what Nissan did with the CC and It's hard to have a truck that would suit every need.

Heck, as long as were talking about meeting all needs, maybe they need to design a bolt in the back 3rd row seat for hauling around 8 people!!!! :cheers: I guess we would need a roll cage to boot.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Well this is also something we had in mind when we chose the KC. I really do think Nissan had the overall length in mind though when they made it. I think I am one of many on the board that are glad they didn't go any longer with the truck or it would not have fit in the garage! I have a total of 4" between the front and the back total to get it in there.

As far as the back seat for the curtain climbers. My 15 yo son is 5' 10" and he has no problem riding in the back seat.

Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
All I keep hearing is about the possibility of a Supercharged version for 2005.

Hope this is true. Does anyone else have any info or links that talk about a SuperCharged Titan in 2005?

SuperCharged ----> :haveredfl

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree that the CC length is perfect for me. Not too often that I'll haul anything longer than 5 1/2 feet that I can't tie down safely.

Plus I love the space in the backseat. I'll be hauling kids around in this thing for years so the space will be appreciated.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ditto. While I was thinking it would be nice to have a little longer bed, the larger back seats will be handy with my two kids who are still in car seats. I figure a 4x8 will need the tailgate down on both beds anyway.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts