Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*please no flame*

heard the tacoma will get a complete redesign for 05. if i cant hit the titan (cuz its pretty daym expensive for my broke ***) think these will suffice?

·
Registered
622 Posts
yah, they are doin a redesign on the ol' tacoma for 05. i heard they were gonna drop a variation of the tundra i-force v-8 into it, that would be interesting. and yes, toyota is expensive. don't be surprised if a tacoma goes for only a couple G's less than a TITAN. forget the tacoma, fear the new tundra out in 2006. i have a feeling toyota is gonna come out swinging in 06 like nissan did with the TITAN this year.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
TITAN21 said:
yah, they are doin a redesign on the ol' tacoma for 05. i heard they were gonna drop a variation of the tundra i-force v-8 into it, that would be interesting. and yes, toyota is expensive. don't be surprised if a tacoma goes for only a couple G's less than a TITAN. forget the tacoma, fear the new tundra out in 2006. i have a feeling toyota is gonna come out swinging in 06 like nissan did with the TITAN this year.
Toyota better do something. My buddy has a Tundra and it is pretty lame next to the Titan. After one ride in the Titan, he has now agreed that I will be the one towing the drift boat on our next fishing trip.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
You're right bestatchess,

Toyota had better do something in a hurry. The new Frontier due this fall will have more hp than the Tundra. Kind of funny that Nissan's small truck will be beefier and more refined than Toyota's Tundra. Toyota is about to get hit with a one-two punch!

·
Registered
382 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
TITAN21 said:
don't be surprised if a tacoma goes for only a couple G's less than a TITAN.
The current 2004 Tacoma CC 4WD, with the offroad pkg and maxed out option package has a MSRP around $28,000. A similarly equipped Titan CC 4WD will have a MSRP around $33,000, about $5000 higher than the Tacoma.

·
Registered
622 Posts
tikigod said:
This is the only thing ive seen of a 2005 tacoma. looks like it went the way of the sport truck trend. Lots of pics.

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2005/toyota/tacoma/100251681/photos.html?tid=edmunds.f.review.vdpheaderphoto..0.Toyota*

If you like the titan but the price scares you try the new 2005 frontier which is built on a modifyed titan frame. Pics below.
that new tacoma isn't very impressive in my opinion... if that styling is where the new tundra is heading... i don't know what toyota is thinking.

·
Registered
382 Posts
TITAN21 said:
that new tacoma isn't very impressive in my opinion... if that styling is where the new tundra is heading... i don't know what toyota is thinking.

Yeah it didnt impress me either.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Went to the link tiki posted and I actually kinda like the outside (Agree- sport truck look). Dash looks OK as well. But what the heck is up with that back seat? Now that doesn't look comfy at all! Ten again, most smaller truck owners don't use the rears too much except for curtain climbers under age 10 or so. :jester:

Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i definatly think Toyota is gettin that "one two punch" from nissans new frontier, titan, and f150. Tundra has to get something going.

i saw those spy pix before, and totally unimpressive. but could it look like the X-Runner ive seen minus the body kit?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks the 2005 Frontier is ugly? Especially the front fenders. The Titan looks good, the Frontier does not. Don't like the 2005 Tacoma X-Runner either, hopefully the Tacoma 4WD Crew Cab will look much better.

·
Registered
497 Posts
the titan is also slightly bigger then the to be new tacoma. :jester: i agree the new frontier isnt to eye appealing at all unlike the sleek titan. the tacoma doesnt look as bad but still looks bad, and not in a good way lol.

·
Registered
622 Posts
new tundra is gonna look like a microwave oven, you guys watch

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I like my year Frontier (2002) better than the new one (2005). I would rather keep that than switch. If I'm gonna get out of my Fronty it will be for a Titan.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hmmm...all the humps n bumps on the '05 Tacoma look overdone on a small truck IMO, especially on top of the small looking wheels; doesn't look proportional...it's just a little too tricked out to me...I'm sure Toyota tried for a more muscular look, but overdosed on the steroids...Chevy was wise to go with the lean, mean, squared off look on the Colorado (although it reeks of Frontier, imitation=flattery) and I really like the '05 Frontier styling as a natural progression of what was already a great looking small truck...the front end '01 restyle on Frontier really sold me on it back then...when I'm buying a truck in the 21st Century, I want it to look 21st Century...that's one reason why I love my Titan! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
622 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts