Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a used Titan. Right now I am looking at either an 05 or 06 but I am a little concerned about the reliability. I know the 04s were a problem. Any opinions on 05s and 06s? Is the reliability really any different?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have an '05 with 20K miles. So far I had the brake judder issue (it was fixed under warranty and hasn't returned), and a non functioning clock on my radio. Oh yah, the air cond fan rattle too (easy fix). Other than that, she runs like a beast and I'm very pleased with her.

·
Registered
682 Posts
i have an 06 4X4 CC and i have 24,000 miles. never an issue w/ brakes or anything for that matter

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have an 06 with 24m and NO ISSUES at all.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have an 05 with 28K and I had the brake judder, leaking AC drain and now radio problems. All problems have been fixed under warranty, and I have always had good luck with dealer service. I think a later model 05 or 06 would be pretty much the same. If you cn find an 07 for a good price you might want to consider that. You get an extra 12HP out of an 07.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
06s are better than 05s...if for nothing else...guaranteed to have brake judder fix.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have 115,400 miles on my 05. No problems other than the brake judder.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I have 43k on my 05. Only problem has been the brake judder. Any other problems that I've had were self inflicted!!!

·
Super Moderator
162,273 Posts
If you can find a deal you can live with on an '06, why risk it with an '05?

·
Banned
138 Posts
54warrior said:
I have 43k on my 05. Only problem has been the brake judder. Any other problems that I've had were self inflicted!!!

Same here on my 05, a few cans of jackass and some nice looking trails tend to do that to a truck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I tend to agree about getting a 2006 just for peace of mind. However the 2005 is fullly loaded CC while the 2006 is a KC minus a few bells and whistles. Nothing I really need other than a CC would be nice when we start having kids. I like the KC for the bed space, huge advantage when hauling firewood lumber or hunting and fishing. Some have mentioned being concerned about kids in back of a KC. The KC is also about 2K cheaper, about 10K less miles and a year newer. Tough decision. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Mines an 05 LE fully loaded with Nav. 51k an still running like new. Only 2 repairs.
1. tsb 4 the brakes.
2. tsb 4 the frozen door handles/ lachts.

Other then that just oil changes it's been a great truck way better then that 04 LE I had 4 24k. I think u should look at the service records on any truck u buy. check 4 diff gear oil changes in both front an rear etc.

Deep.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have an 06 CC Off Road 4x4 with 79K miles and not problems. Love the truck. No brake judder that everyone talks about with the 04 and 05's.

My biggest problem is that I get too many compliments on the truck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts