Nissan Titan Forum banner

2005 vs 2006 Reliability

4K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  asheborotitan 
#1 ·
I am looking to get a used Titan. Right now I am looking at either an 05 or 06 but I am a little concerned about the reliability. I know the 04s were a problem. Any opinions on 05s and 06s? Is the reliability really any different?

#2 ·
I have an '05 with 20K miles. So far I had the brake judder issue (it was fixed under warranty and hasn't returned), and a non functioning clock on my radio. Oh yah, the air cond fan rattle too (easy fix). Other than that, she runs like a beast and I'm very pleased with her.

#3 ·
i have an 06 4X4 CC and i have 24,000 miles. never an issue w/ brakes or anything for that matter

#5 ·
I have an 05 with 28K and I had the brake judder, leaking AC drain and now radio problems. All problems have been fixed under warranty, and I have always had good luck with dealer service. I think a later model 05 or 06 would be pretty much the same. If you cn find an 07 for a good price you might want to consider that. You get an extra 12HP out of an 07.

#8 ·
I have 43k on my 05. Only problem has been the brake judder. Any other problems that I've had were self inflicted!!!

#9 ·
If you can find a deal you can live with on an '06, why risk it with an '05?

#11 ·
Yeah I tend to agree about getting a 2006 just for peace of mind. However the 2005 is fullly loaded CC while the 2006 is a KC minus a few bells and whistles. Nothing I really need other than a CC would be nice when we start having kids. I like the KC for the bed space, huge advantage when hauling firewood lumber or hunting and fishing. Some have mentioned being concerned about kids in back of a KC. The KC is also about 2K cheaper, about 10K less miles and a year newer. Tough decision. What do you guys think?

#12 ·
Mines an 05 LE fully loaded with Nav. 51k an still running like new. Only 2 repairs.
1. tsb 4 the brakes.
2. tsb 4 the frozen door handles/ lachts.

Other then that just oil changes it's been a great truck way better then that 04 LE I had 4 24k. I think u should look at the service records on any truck u buy. check 4 diff gear oil changes in both front an rear etc.

Deep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.