Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 KC 4x4.

I just had the Moog 08+ 4x4 springs and 5100's set to the middle perch installed. Now when I go over any somewhat small bumps I get CBC from the passenger side. Upon some quick inspection of the passenger side there's just enough clearance between the coil bucket and UCA for my hand to fit, there's definitely more room on the driver's side by comparison and the driver's side doesn't seem to be where the noise comes from. What could be the issue with this setup? Do I need to have the 5100's set to the bottom instead of the middle perch? Passenger side, from ground to fender is 39" and the driver's side is about 38.25"

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
73,175 Posts
It's the suspension geometry. When budget allowed get aftermarket UCAs they have more clearance around the coil bucket and won't clunk when hitting bumps. Everything got a little taller which means your UCA has less down travel before hitting full droop. You can try taller bump stops but that is more of a bandaid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the suspension geometry. When budget allowed get aftermarket UCAs they have more clearance around the coil bucket and won't clunk when hitting bumps. Everything got a little taller which means your UCA has less down travel before hitting full droop. You can try taller bump stops but that is more of a bandaid.

Thanks for the info. I'm aware that it's part of the suspension geometry but I was under the impression that with the 08 coils and 5100's that CBC shouldn't be an issue. I wanted to make sure there wasn't some obvious installation error that could cause this in my case. What I'll probably end up doing is asking my mechanic to move the perch to the lower setting unless you think there still might be CBC even on that setting. In which case I'll look into some UCA's. Any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
DeadRiver
Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan Talk Forum is a community for truck owners to discuss the Titan Cummins, Warrior, Midnight Edition and more!
Full Forum Listing