1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
45 Posts
damn,,, I just bought a 07 R1, I debated between the 1000RR and the R1,, I would have definately jumped on your bike... great price... good luck with sale..

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Now that's low balling! Kick him in the nuts while your at it!

·
Registered
360 Posts
mikus motorsports said:
ill do $7000 cash...281-804-2042[/QUOUTE]

LMAO. Please tell me you are kidding...

·
Registered
530 Posts
chieflikalotapus said:
:jester: why dont i just fill it up with gas while im at it. j/k nice try but then i will have to call the cops for you ripping me off.

LMAO the price he is offering is AWSOME i wouldnt expect him to go any lower ....

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gero said:
I don't think that the $7000 for a used last year's model bike is such a bad thing.

Bikes depreciate, man.

Moreover, those were going for $9500 new (and less) last december:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=64904

New ones on ebay @8600:
http://motors.search.ebay.com/2006-1000rr_Motorcycles_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfclZ3QQfromZR2QQsacatZ6024QQsamcmZ6024

$7k is not such a lowball given the market.
THESE THINGS WERE GOING FOR 12K BRAND NEW I HAVE 605 MILES STILL PRETTY BRAND NEW. EVEN IF THEY WERE GOING FOR 9500 NEW YOU STILL HAVE TO ADD ON $1400 IN TAXES WHERE I LIVE. MAYBE A 600 BUT NOT A 1000. AT LEAST NOT WHERE I'M FROM 7K IS BELOW THE BELT

·
Registered
462 Posts
Just bought a 2007 1000RR brand new for $9,888 in the Philly area. HOWEVER - I also had to pay 7% sales tax for more than $700. So $7K is a bit of a lowball, IMO, depreciation or no depreciation....

Good luck Chief! Sorry to see you are getting out of the hobby :( Try cycletrader.com, I looked there before deciding to buy new :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
thats cool, you can do what you want. i have a motorcycle shop in north west houston and i pay $7000 for them all the time. i love that bike but it does not hold its value....but good luck with the sale, and let me know if you change your mind

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Chief,

No offense intended -- just wanted to get more info out.

Btw, you still have to pay tax on a used bike, at least we do in california.

That puts you apples to apples with new bikes.

Although i do not get enough days in, i never sold my italian sport bike b/c of that very reason - it's worth more to me than it is to a potential buyer.

Price it for whatever you feel is fair -- and the market will decide.

·
Registered
43 Posts
and the market has deciced, the price is too high. he still has it, doesnt he. its a great bike with low miles, its worth at least $8000.....good luck, someone needs to come buy this thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought my cbr 1000RR in nov last year for 9900....so with miles 7k cash isnt that bad especially since the 07's are out now.

·
Banned
371 Posts
Like any free market the buyer determine the price, not the seller. That is why you only sell a bike if someone else thinks its worth more then you do. This is a smoking deal for 7-8 grand though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts