Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be the first rv i have ever really used and the first one ive bought. Bout to seal the deal on this for $15,250. It is 4 seasons and comes will all the bells and whistles, they are throwing in the WD hitch, 2 full 30 lbs propane tanks, one 27 battery. Ya know all the little extra stuff that they act like is breaking there bank. So minus all of that.

Lets say the 2006 Jay Co 31BHS for 15,000, is this a good deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am not sure about regional price differences, but it looks like 750-1000 overpriced to me. By the way, the 31bhs is discontinued...the 29qbh replaced it. Jayfights are really not 4 season trailers. They are nice trailers but the R-value is only about 7 all the way around. I think you can do better. Although the W/D system is worth something. What kind is it? With a trailer that size, make sure you get one with more a a simple friction sway bar. I would recommend an Equalizer or a Reese Dual Cam...not a basic Reese W/D like I had with my Roo.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked some prices in the surronding area, there was a 29ft'er that went for $14,000 and another 31ft'er that went for $14,500 without the TV's and cheap little surron sound, there smaller AC, well it didnt have all the add,ons like this one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have checked some prices in the surronding area, there was a 29ft'er that went for $14,000 and another 31ft'er that went for $14,500 without the TV's and cheap little surron sound, there smaller AC, well it didnt have all the add,ons like this one.
It may be supply and demand...I was going on trailer prices around here in PA. It sounds like a nice trailer. I would again recommend that you go with a good w/d sway. My Titan tows my 35 ft 7700 pound trailer nicely with the Equalizer. Good Luck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking at keeping the WD hitch that there throwing in, and adding Air Lift bags, found some on ebay for $230 shipped.

Got approved from the bank today for 3.2% rate, so as long as it passes all of our inspections this weekend we are good to go on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought Firestone Airbags for 235 delivered. I did not want to drill into the frame. Sounds like a nice trailer and an excellent interest rate. I hope all goes well for you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
much appreciated

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
This will be the first rv i have ever really used and the first one ive bought. Bout to seal the deal on this for $15,250. It is 4 seasons and comes will all the bells and whistles, they are throwing in the WD hitch, 2 full 30 lbs propane tanks, one 27 battery. Ya know all the little extra stuff that they act like is breaking there bank. So minus all of that.

Lets say the 2006 Jay Co 31BHS for 15,000, is this a good deal.
Does it look something like this?

I believe we paid about $18 or 19g new back in 06. They do hold their value so that's probably a good price depending on condition.

BTW, Excellent trailer. Been happy with ours.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm $18 or $19 new, that makes me wonder but to late now. How does the Titan handle it, how much additional weight can you hold. For short trips only im looking at an additiong ATV, my sons little dirt bike, all the camping gear and the family. I know she'll be screaming at me but im going to upgrade her shocks and give her Air Bags before i ever do anything like that.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Hmmm $18 or $19 new, that makes me wonder but to late now. How does the Titan handle it, how much additional weight can you hold. For short trips only im looking at an additiong ATV, my sons little dirt bike, all the camping gear and the family. I know she'll be screaming at me but im going to upgrade her shocks and give her Air Bags before i ever do anything like that.
I think it stickered around 20 or 21g...I just can't remember exactly.

I have the long wheelbase CC so it handles it amazingly well. You'll need a good sway control with the shorter wheelbase Titan if that's what you have but it'll tow just fine. I towed ours with my 04 Titan as well.
My wife always packs like shes moving but I've never weighed it. We put coolers, 4 or 5 bikes, 2 full propane tanks, full fridge and all cabinets fully stocked. Always left my trucks stock suspension-wise and never had an issue.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Feeling more and more confident bout the purchase, cant wait to pick it up monday. Trying to get my hands on a Long T, but it would have to be a straigt swap can see financing more money for a want not a need.

Here is my trailer if your interested.
Jay Flight 2006 31BHS

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Feeling more and more confident bout the purchase, cant wait to pick it up monday. Trying to get my hands on a Long T, but it would have to be a straigt swap can see financing more money for a want not a need.

Here is my trailer if your interested.
Jay Flight 2006 31BHS
That's our exact camper. We have the brown interior decor rather than the nicer reds you have. You'll love it. The only thing I did to ours was replace the toilet with a Sealand real porcline unit. It's a great trailer with everything you'll need. Enjot it!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hudson summed it up pretty well! We have the 2006 JayFlight 29FBS are LOVE it! As mentioned before, JayFlights are not "true" 4-seasons trailers, but they do pretty well! We have had no major issues with ours and have towed it all over the place and into Canada. Ours scaled at #8000 loaded with about #915 tongue.

Enjoy and post pics when you can!

-Lab

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Hudson summed it up pretty well! We have the 2006 JayFlight 29FBS are LOVE it! As mentioned before, JayFlights are not "true" 4-seasons trailers, but they do pretty well! We have had no major issues with ours and have towed it all over the place and into Canada. Ours scaled at #8000 loaded with about #915 tongue.

Enjoy and post pics when you can!

-Lab
Why isn't it a 4 seasons trailer? Ours has the heated underbelly for winter use but we don't use it in winter anyway. What does a true 4 seasons trailer have? I have no idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts