Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve got this 2006 Nissan Titan that my dad used to own. He got into an accident, and the airbags and the seatbelt on the passenger side went off. So the seatbelt module had to be completely replaced. Now I’m working on getting it running again, that way it’ll pass inspection (didn’t due to the seatbelt and the airbag in the steering wheel wasn’t connected right.) So I’m basically asking what all needs to be done seatbelt wise to get it all working properly? Like I said we bought a new actual seatbelt module that holds the actual belt and everything but as for everything else it was left unchanged. I have been told that the wires that connect to the seatbelt module need to be replaced. Is that true? Can anyone tell me what parts those are? I don’t know too much about Nissan Titans, and I’ve been looking for videos on it but with me not knowing what parts need to be replaced or what wires it needs. I’ve been watching seatbelt replacement for just about every other Nissan vehicle other than a Titan.

·
Registered
2009 King Titan SE Flex G10
50 Posts
So I’ve got this 2006 Nissan Titan that my dad used to own. He got into an accident, and the airbags and the seatbelt on the passenger side went off. So the seatbelt module had to be completely replaced. Now I’m working on getting it running again, that way it’ll pass inspection (didn’t due to the seatbelt and the airbag in the steering wheel wasn’t connected right.) So I’m basically asking what all needs to be done seatbelt wise to get it all working properly? Like I said we bought a new actual seatbelt module that holds the actual belt and everything but as for everything else it was left unchanged. I have been told that the wires that connect to the seatbelt module need to be replaced. Is that true? Can anyone tell me what parts those are? I don’t know too much about Nissan Titans, and I’ve been looking for videos on it but with me not knowing what parts need to be replaced or what wires it needs. I’ve been watching seatbelt replacement for just about every other Nissan vehicle other than a Titan. View attachment 546493 View attachment 546494
Did you have the necessary airbag(s) and seatbelt(s) replaced before replacing the airbag module? I don’t think there’s any wires that need to be replaced but the order is important

·
Registered
50 Posts
reading further.. not a new airbag module but definitely need to be reset. If your airbag light is still on after replacing the necessary parts then you have to have the module reset

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I’ve got this 2006 Nissan Titan that my dad used to own. He got into an accident, and the airbags and the seatbelt on the passenger side went off. So the seatbelt module had to be completely replaced. Now I’m working on getting it running again, that way it’ll pass inspection (didn’t due to the seatbelt and the airbag in the steering wheel wasn’t connected right.) So I’m basically asking what all needs to be done seatbelt wise to get it all working properly? Like I said we bought a new actual seatbelt module that holds the actual belt and everything but as for everything else it was left unchanged. I have been told that the wires that connect to the seatbelt module need to be replaced. Is that true? Can anyone tell me what parts those are? I don’t know too much about Nissan Titans, and I’ve been looking for videos on it but with me not knowing what parts need to be replaced or what wires it needs. I’ve been watching seatbelt replacement for just about every other Nissan vehicle other than a Titan. View attachment 546493 View attachment 546494
A3F6124C-ABEE-4530-96B3-A07D37C464FD.png

·
Registered
5 Posts
So Ive been rebuilding salvage vehicles for almost 20yrs so i'll get you some quick answers before you spend a ton of $$$
1. Typically the wires do not need to be replaced on seatbelt but looking at your pictures someone ripped the connector off so, basically you need a new connector. (Nissan does not sell the connectors they sell entire wire harness) that's why someone told you, you need to replace the wires, so here's the alternative
2. The connectors only come yellow or orange & they are the same in almost every Nissan & Infiniti. you can go to eBay & search Nissan airbag connector you can buy them for like $6 (you need the old style that looks more rectangular) some will say clock spring some will say airbag it doesn't matter all the yellow have same connection & all orange has same connection ***(I'll elaborate later on that)
3. The connector can be taken apart & you can insert your wires into it & snap it back together (as apposed to cutting & splicing)
4. In order for your airbag light to turn off you need to replace any airbags that have deployed, replace or have reset any seatbelts that are locked. lastly replace airbag main module (for Nissan its usually located under center console) If airbag module is expensive you can get it reset via service on eBay for $40 you ship it & they send it back typically within 7 days. I've used it hundreds of times over the years

·
Registered
5 Posts
the connectors you need look like this
20200920_001753.jpg
20200920_001814.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
*** a little elaboration on the connectors
You need 1 of those, either yellow or orange push one in the seatbelt to see which one connects. When you buy them make sure you dont buy the newer style connectors they will not fit. The black piece on the newer connectors doesnt have as much as a "square look" as the ones in the pic i posted & they are slightly smaller

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had to open this new account because i couldnt remember my pword & i reset my pword but it was registered with a email address i no longer have access to from like 10yrs ago when i got my 1st Titan ...so im a "new guy" again

·
Registered
5 Posts
love it when ppl ask for help & never come back 😩

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,405 Posts
They don't get the answer they were looking for...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts