Nissan Titan Forum banner

2006 Nissan Titan Gauges dead and does not even click when starting.

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  rstoney1 
#1 ·
Had to replace battery in my 2006 Nissan Titan. Dome light comes on, and bell chimes if keys are in ignition while door is open but when you turn the key to the on position nothing happens. Dead gauges, radio does not work, ac fan does not blow. If I try to start it: no clicks, no nothing. Any thoughts?

#2 ·
Did you check the fuse that's on the positive cable ?

Reactions: noel55
#8 ·
I did see that but just a thought still could be an issue. Does it click when you turn the key? The key could be bad with the truck not seeing it. What does your security light do when truck is off and locked slow blink fast blink. Have someone wiggle the cables when you try to start it. Did you clean the cable terminals good before reinstall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
If your 2006 is equipped with NISSAN Vehicle Immobilizer System then its possible that your vehicle may be locked out.Make sure you have the registered key for this procedure .

The NISSAN Vehicle Immobilizer System will not allow the engine to start without the use of a registered key.

If the engine fails to start using a registered key (for example, when interference is caused by another registered key, an automated toll road device or automatic payment device on the key ring), restart the engine using the following procedures.

1. Leave the ignition switch placed in the ON position for approximately 5 seconds.

2. Place the ignition switch in the OFF or LOCK position and wait approximately 10 seconds.

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2.

4. Restart the engine while holding the device (which may have caused the interference) separate from the registered key.

If the no start condition re-occurs, NISSAN recommends placing the registered key on a separate key ring to avoid interference from other devices.

I'm not 100% sure if battery replacement can trigger the immobilizer or not .But my thinking is by replacing the battery the system resets and needs to be reprogrammed to your key.
It's worth a try

#12 ·
I was thinking this as well. On my Armada there was a TSB or recall for immobilizer issues I got fixed when under warranty I believe.

I would turn the key and nothing would happen but the battery powered stuff in the truck and was not the issue.

#13 ·
If all else has failed, check the brake lockout switch under the left side of the shifter. There's a small round cap on the console, just left of the shift lever. Pop it off and "carefully" slide a screw driver into the hole to unlock the switch. Leave the screw driver in there and try starting the truck. Mine went out years ago and it did the same thing your's is doing. It eventually went out completely so I had to open the console and wire-tie the switch so it doesn't operate in locking the circuits. New switches are not available anywhere. Hope you find the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.