Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im selling my 2006 nissan titan crew cab . I am buying a car so i need to sell my truck. This truck is in new condition and has 42,000 miles on it. The truck has a salvage title due to it being rear ended. However it was very light and the bed was completely replaced instead of being repaired so it is like brand new. It has black leather interior. The Kbb for this truck is 20,000$ and thats if it is stock. Inside is a touchscreen dvd player and deck, and under the seats are 2 12" kickers with a thousand watt amp. I just got this system and it cost me 1,300$. The truck sits on 22" rims with top of the line pirelli tires. This combo cost me 1,600$. I also have the back lights smoked. And just added last week is a Bullet exhuast system, this is very deep and loud. This cost 350$. Also the truck is leveled to the front so it looks much nicer. All the wheels were just roatated and the oil was just changed. I am selling this much less than the value because i am trying to sell it quick. If you have any questions please reply here or you can pm me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The Kbb for this truck is 20,000$ and thats if it is stock.
Not when you have a

The truck has a salvage title due to it being rear ended.
Just saying, you need to be realistic here. Aftermarket parts really add nothing to the resale of the vehicle and the salvaged title takes at least half off of the KBB

·
Registered
33 Posts
I read your whole posting and still didn't see an asking price, just what you say KBB has it listed at. What are you wanting for it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can you register or license a totaled (salvage) vehicle? I thought the state considered them unsafe vehicles and they are not allowed on DOT roads?:teeth:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Can you register or license a totaled (salvage) vehicle? I thought the state considered them unsafe vehicles and they are not allowed on DOT roads?:teeth:

My truck has a salvaged title, so yes you can register them. The weird thing about salvaged titles is you can eventually get it cleared. I was told that you would be surprised how many vehicles were salvaged but have a clean title because it has been switched hands more than 3 times in 3 different states. Supposedly that ends up clearing the title and nobody would even know. I got this information from a neighbor that used to rebuild salvaged vehicles.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I would never buy a salvaged title vehicle without complete pictures of the damage before repair and after repair, as well as documentation. Look at every vehicle on Ebay that's a salvage title - *every one* of them has these words (paraphrased) in there somewhere: "Vehicle has a salvage title because it had some damage to rear fender, but there was no frame damage at all and all it took was a new fender!". I don't buy, for a second, that any insurance company is going to total a 2006 Titan because of a "very light" rear end hit that only damaged the box itself. Why would the insurance company want to pay the owner of the vehicle out $12-15k when the repair can be done, even if you junk the whole bed, for $4-5k? I had a $4000 car that was hit pretty hard - hard enough to cause $2000 worth of damage - and the insurance company did not total the car. They paid for the damage.

Good luck with the sale but I predict you'll have a hard time without pictures and documentation of what was done. And as was already mentioned, KBB prices don't apply to salvage vehicles. And swapping a title several times to clear a salvage is at best immoral and dishonest and at worst outright fraud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would never buy a salvaged title vehicle without complete pictures of the damage before repair and after repair, as well as documentation. Look at every vehicle on Ebay that's a salvage title - *every one* of them has these words (paraphrased) in there somewhere: "Vehicle has a salvage title because it had some damage to rear fender, but there was no frame damage at all and all it took was a new fender!". I don't buy, for a second, that any insurance company is going to total a 2006 Titan because of a "very light" rear end hit that only damaged the box itself. Why would the insurance company want to pay the owner of the vehicle out $12-15k when the repair can be done, even if you junk the whole bed, for $4-5k? I had a $4000 car that was hit pretty hard - hard enough to cause $2000 worth of damage - and the insurance company did not total the car. They paid for the damage.

Good luck with the sale but I predict you'll have a hard time without pictures and documentation of what was done. And as was already mentioned, KBB prices don't apply to salvage vehicles. And swapping a title several times to clear a salvage is at best immoral and dishonest and at worst outright fraud.
i might have some pics in my camera, btw it was only hit in the bed, idc if you belive it or not

·
Registered
56 Posts
DITTO with these guys. A light rear-end collision will not total out a vehicle. my friends 08.5 was rear ended causing over 11k worth of damage and it wasn't totalled out.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Salavaged titles can never be cleared no matter how many times it retitled in a different state...

ANyone in the market for a used car is dumb not to use a CarFax for the vehicle...CarFax does not forget anything, and these days even body shops input vehicle data when they are doing repairs. There are too many thefts and lawsuits waiting to happen is someone buys a car when its written and claimed to be "clean" when in fact it is salavaged due to major damage. Not only is the owner liable, but also the body or repair shop responsible for fixing the damage.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Salavaged titles can never be cleared no matter how many times it retitled in a different state...

ANyone in the market for a used car is dumb not to use a CarFax for the vehicle...CarFax does not forget anything, and these days even body shops input vehicle data when they are doing repairs. There are too many thefts and lawsuits waiting to happen is someone buys a car when its written and claimed to be "clean" when in fact it is salavaged due to major damage. Not only is the owner liable, but also the body or repair shop responsible for fixing the damage.
Check out the 2 articles that are linked below. Being from Florida you should have heard of the 1st article (under consumer alert paragraph). I do agree that it won't come off Carfax but if you are dumb enough not to buy without it then this can happen to you.

Used Car Buying Tips, Check the used car history, Avoiding Scams, Running Autocheck Vehicle History Reports

2 Common Salvage Car Scams to Avoid - CarsDirect.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts