Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to purchase rotors from you within the next week. I decided to stay with the stock size for my truck and just upgrade the quality of the rotors and pads. I will be replacing all four rotors/pads. What promo code is valid? also if i go with slotted....do i have to worry about the noise of "pads going over slots" like gweasel mentioned. That would annoy me. I wanted to go smooth rotors...are those also "cyro" treated like the slotted ones to ensure longer use?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Somebody read my thread :p

After like the first 5 miles, my slot noise went away. Granted they're not frozen rotors, same concept though

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
It's really not that bad...like i said i've gotten used to it & the improved braking is definitely worth it! Go with the cryo's, i love them!!!

Its hard to explain, but when you start to brake, as the truck begins to slow the brakes grip tighter the slower you go (opposite of fade) & most of the time i let off the brakes a little before i come to a complete top so, the G force doesn't give everyone i my truck whiplash & that's with 22"s. :)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are the smooth rotors not as good when it comes to longevity?

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
If my thinking is correct, they shouldn't last as long. Slots and cross drills are to dissapate heat better, which makes me think a rotor with either of those will perform better and last longer. Kieth will know, he'll post sooner or later :D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do you like ur R1 rotors? i notice they are less expensive then the frozen.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I love 'em so far. Only about 50 miles on them, but braking is VASTLY improved and the steering wheel doesn't shake anymore! I know keith will come in here saying his are better... *waiting, waiting, waiting* :D

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Im going to purchase rotors from you within the next week. I decided to stay with the stock size for my truck and just upgrade the quality of the rotors and pads. I will be replacing all four rotors/pads. What promo code is valid? also if i go with slotted....do i have to worry about the noise of "pads going over slots" like gweasel mentioned. That would annoy me. I wanted to go smooth rotors...are those also "cyro" treated like the slotted ones to ensure longer use?

Thanks in advance.
I've got the frozen rotors (slotted) and hawk LTS brake pads.

At 85,000 miles, I had them turned and have had no problems at all.

Amazing also is the fact that the brake pads have half their live in them still!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I love 'em so far. Only about 50 miles on them, but braking is VASTLY improved and the steering wheel doesn't shake anymore! I know keith will come in here saying his are better... *waiting, waiting, waiting*
Hey, No taunting one of our best venders... :hi: One of these days i would like to drive a T with the R1's on it so i can see the difference myself. :)

Reactions: frozenrotors

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol...ok..i guess ill start looking for other options.....frozen rotors rep is MIA. thanks anyways.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Call Keith, that's the best way to get a hold of him. They aren't on here everyday like some of us. :)

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
ive got the frozen smooths and hawk pads. I like them. they haul the T down quick, even with the boat back there.

·
Frozen Rotors
208 Posts
Ok sumair,

I found you!. Sorry for the delay, but I'm not on here every day...damn close though ! Anyways, as for your questions about Slotted vs. NON Slotted rotors. The advantages to using slotted rotors are as follows.
1. The grip or 'bite' better in both wet and dry conditions by channeling water and the gasses produced by friction during the braking process. Some will argue, disagree etc.. that modern day brake pad compounds do not emit any of the gasses that older formulas did. However friction is FRICTION! and although they may not emit as much of the gasses, they still produce them just the same.

2. The slots are also referred as 'wiper slots'. meaning that with every wheel and rotor rotation, the slots constantly keep debris off the face of the pad. This includes small rocks and burnt or used pad material. This ensures that there's a consistently 'clean' surface for the pad to grip the rotor.

3. Slotted rotors will generally run approximately 120 degrees cooler than a NON Slotted rotor. Lower brake temperatures equates to longer pad and rotor life as well as it being a little easier on brake fluid. (I still recommend you flush or replace the brake fluid AT LEAST every 2 years.)

And YES both the slotted and NON Slotted rotors are 'frozen' or cryogenically treated.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me through the information below.

Thanks again for considering Frozen Rotors.

Keith

[email protected]

High Performance Brake Pads and Brake Rotors - Frozen Rotors

1.888.323.8456 / 952.746.8880

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what is the promo code... im looking to order over the weekend. from what i understand the last that was going on was 10% off the front two...20% off all four.

·
Frozen Rotors
208 Posts
Hi Sumair,

Right now the only discount we are offering is 10% off of retail on both pads and rotors. As far as I know we have only offered 15% off of retail on 4 rotors and 2 sets of pads. However that has ended. So the current discount is 10% off of retail on both pads and rotors.

The 'promo code' is FR1010. And make sure you reference my name or you computer will blow up ! lol.

Thanks again for all of your support on Titan Talk. WE greatly appreciate it :).

Keith
[email protected]

High Performance Brake Pads and Brake Rotors - Frozen Rotors

1.888.323.8456 / 952.746.8880

M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST

1 - 16 of 16 Posts