Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I have a 2006 Titan 4x4 that will not crank. Last week it cranked in the driveway and then went dead. I tried to crank it back up and it would crank but would idle really bad and spit and sputter. When I would try to give it gas it would go dead. I finally got it crunk and it ran fine. Being kinda leery, I took it to the shop. It wouldn't crank there either, so they reset the computer. It ran great for a week and now has started back doing the same thing. The mechanic thinks it might have something to do with the keyless start and alarm I have installed. You can hear the fuel pump sucking when it tries to start. It won't crank at all now and I am at ends on what to do. Anyone ever had this problem? Spending a grand on it at the dealership right now would suck with a new baby less than a month away. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm not a big member on here, nor am I a technical expert, but I can offer yous some frugal advice. Go to a good body shop and tell them your problem, have them inspect it to find the problem, then from there figure out cheapest place to fix it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I have a 2006 Titan 4x4 that will not crank. Last week it cranked in the driveway and then went dead. I tried to crank it back up and it would crank but would idle really bad and spit and sputter. When I would try to give it gas it would go dead. I finally got it crunk and it ran fine. Being kinda leery, I took it to the shop. It wouldn't crank there either, so they reset the computer. It ran great for a week and now has started back doing the same thing. The mechanic thinks it might have something to do with the keyless start and alarm I have installed. You can hear the fuel pump sucking when it tries to start. It won't crank at all now and I am at ends on what to do. Anyone ever had this problem? Spending a grand on it at the dealership right now would suck with a new baby less than a month away. Thanks in advance.
I have no idea about your Titan but I was struck by your use of your term "crunk" since I've never before heard the word. After seaching with Google, I learned the meaning of the word "crunk" and it seems that may have inadvertently indentified the problem with your Titan.

Check out "Crunk": What does CRUNK mean? - CRUNK Definition - Meaning of CRUNK - InternetSlang.com

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
theres a relay recall and the relay has something to do with the truck starting. call a dealer and ask them if your vehicle falls under the recall

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
theres a relay recall and the relay has something to do with the truck starting. call a dealer and ask them if your vehicle falls under the recall
I just got the recall done, it was about the truck shutting off while driving, not starting, AFAIK.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
does nothing happen? or does it try to start and nothing happens? could it be the starter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts