Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drive my truck a few miles a day. Nothing ruff. Well not to ruff anyway. I was leaving my driveway this morning when I heard a loud snap. I looked under the truck and was amazed to find my drivers side front half shaft snapped. All six bolts were missing. I looked on the passengers side all the bolts were hanging on by only a few threads. Can't Nissan tighten Bolts Properly? I only have 26, 000 Miles on my truck. Anyone else have this problem? I called checker. Seems like its a nissan only part. I hope they stand behing there trucks. Problem is the closest Nissan Dealer to where I live is like 60 miles away.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I had the same problem with the transfer case but caught it on time. Its a known problems, do a search and you would find several threads. Hope you can get this cover

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Did the bolts themselves come loose on the flange, or did the half shaft pull out of the diff?? There's a circlip of sorts in there that is known to fail, allowing the shaft and flange to pull out of the diff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are a few pics. Looks like my passenger side has bolts that also almost came out too. I called Nissan today I guess there is a recall on all 2006 Titan SE 4x4 Off Road Trucks. Apparently its a common known problem. The dealer sent a tow truck to pick up my truck and take it 60 miles to the nearest dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
You mention that they said this is a "common known problem". Does this problem only happen on '06 models? I have an '07 - wondering if I am okay...

·
Super Moderator
93,664 Posts
Nice to hear that the dealer stepped up and handled the problem for you without any hassle!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts