Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My mom gifted me an '07 Armada that had been in a very minor rear end accident. In its history it also overheated when the radiator somehow cracked, which I am told is why the head gaskets are blown, but I am not a technician so I do not know.

It's been sitting in my driveway for 5 months while I saved money for repairs. Two days ago I charged the battery (as it was dead) so I could use the cig. lighter to run a compressor to inflate a tire, so that the entire weight of the car would not be resting on the rim.

When I turned the key, the security indicator light came on, it wont release the key, and I cant put it in gear for a tow to the shop. Once again im no tech, but my intuition is telling me that the battery dieing triggered the anti theft mechanism. So I believe the APPROPRIATE question ask is:

HOW CAN I RESET THE COMPUTER/ANTI THEFT SYSTEM? but IM NOT an auto tech, and I am trying to narrow down what the issue is, and how to resolve it.

I just need to know my options,...Im going to try using the spare key to lock/unlock the driver door,...and then if that doesn't work im gonna try turning the key in the ignition over for 5 seconds, then off for 10 etc,..
Any advice is appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts