Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been dealing with this issue for a long time and have not found a solution. I have tried multiple things suggested on this forum and other places I have checked. I have swapped ECM, IPDM, crank and camshaft position sensors, swapped the foglamp and ECM relays, changed the max fuse (or whatever you'd like to call it coming off the positive terminal of the battery), new battery, new spark plugs and wires, checked all of my grounds, hit the tank with a rubber mallet and parasitic draw test. I know that I am getting fuel and when the truck does start it runs very well. I don't have any stutters or lag to the throttle. It seems to just struggle with starting and once boosted it runs great. When I took it into Nissan and asked for them to find the cause of the issue they gave me 2 options essentially. One was the ECM replacement which I had done and the other was to change the gauge cluster. I was just curious to see if anyone has ever changed the cluster and had it solve the problem. The only things that lead me to it being that is that when my 4x4 light flashes instead of staying solid my truck will start. My air bag light is on but that has only been in the past few months and not the whole time I've had this issue and the other being that after I turn the truck off, about 20-30 seconds later my tach and speedo flutter and then lay back down where they were originally. If there may be anything else that I haven't said that could be a solution I would love to hear about it.

·
Registered
2009 King Titan SE Flex G10
71 Posts
I've been dealing with this issue for a long time and have not found a solution. I have tried multiple things suggested on this forum and other places I have checked. I have swapped ECM, IPDM, crank and camshaft position sensors, swapped the foglamp and ECM relays, changed the max fuse (or whatever you'd like to call it coming off the positive terminal of the battery), new battery, new spark plugs and wires, checked all of my grounds, hit the tank with a rubber mallet and parasitic draw test. I know that I am getting fuel and when the truck does start it runs very well. I don't have any stutters or lag to the throttle. It seems to just struggle with starting and once boosted it runs great. When I took it into Nissan and asked for them to find the cause of the issue they gave me 2 options essentially. One was the ECM replacement which I had done and the other was to change the gauge cluster. I was just curious to see if anyone has ever changed the cluster and had it solve the problem. The only things that lead me to it being that is that when my 4x4 light flashes instead of staying solid my truck will start. My air bag light is on but that has only been in the past few months and not the whole time I've had this issue and the other being that after I turn the truck off, about 20-30 seconds later my tach and speedo flutter and then lay back down where they were originally. If there may be anything else that I haven't said that could be a solution I would love to hear about it.
have you replaced the starter? I’ve done just about everything you’ve done but haven’t found a solution either. I’d like to think the fuel pump is fine with what you’re saying as well - when warm it’ll turn over the second I start it like a champ and no throttle lagging when driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts