Nissan Titan Forum banner

2007 LE 4WD Brakes Won’t Release

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Avuoso 
#1 ·
Bought a used 2007 LE 4wd and it supposedly had a bad master cylinder, the pedal was very soft and brakes barely worked. Replaced the master twice in two days. The rear brakes basically lock up after about a mile and the front ones get tight. VDC and Slip lights come on. Open the bleeder valve (either side on the rear) and the pressure is released. Then the cycle starts over.
The rear rotors are completely shot and the pads were too. Replaced the pads to get the truck home so I could order rotors and new pads. Not sure if that could have anything to do with it.

Any help would be very appreciated.

#2 ·
What codes are reporting?

#3 ·
I haven’t been able to pull them yet. I’m probably going to get it towed to a mechanic near my house tomorrow.

Another issue I have is the original instrument cluster had a bad speedo, so I grabbed one out of an Armada for cheap and it’s a 2wd cluster, so it only has one plug instead of 2 like mine. Not sure if that will hinder codes, or just the gauges.

#6 ·
Update
So I brought it to a local brake shop and they replaced both caliper, rotors and pads. It drove a little further, but same issue. Brought it back to the shop and now they think it might be the wrong new master cylinder. It’s a Mastercraft from Autozone and the only one they carry that fits. He said they only show one, but his distributor shows 4 different part numbers. Hopefully this is it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.