Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Lately, I have had an increasing number of occasions where I go out to start the truck and as I turn the key, I hear a loud metallic clunk sound. All gauges, lights, and stereo work as expected but the truck doesn't even try to turn over. When I turn the key off and try again, the truck starts right up like there wasn't a problem. This has happened three times this week alone.

Also, my A/C only seems to hold about 20lbs of freon. I had a reputable shop check it out and there is no leak anywhere that they can see. I bought a new compressor because it is making noise and they didn't want to replace it because they felt mine is fine and it is only making that noise because it is low on freon. They added dye and I don't see it coming out from anywhere. I tried a leak sealant and added more freon. By the end of the evening, it was back down to 20 lbs again.

Final question (For now), Steering wheel audio controls only work when I am turning and the controls are on the bottom of the steering wheel near my lap. I have no idea what to do about that.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all!

Mytmax98

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Hey all,

Lately, I have had an increasing number of occasions where I go out to start the truck and as I turn the key, I hear a loud metallic clunk sound. All gauges, lights, and stereo work as expected but the truck doesn't even try to turn over. When I turn the key off and try again, the truck starts right up like there wasn't a problem. This has happened three times this week alone.

Also, my A/C only seems to hold about 20lbs of freon. I had a reputable shop check it out and there is no leak anywhere that they can see. I bought a new compressor because it is making noise and they didn't want to replace it because they felt mine is fine and it is only making that noise because it is low on freon. They added dye and I don't see it coming out from anywhere. I tried a leak sealant and added more freon. By the end of the evening, it was back down to 20 lbs again.

Final question (For now), Steering wheel audio controls only work when I am turning and the controls are on the bottom of the steering wheel near my lap. I have no idea what to do about that.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all!

Mytmax98
This is in the 2nd Gen 2016 forum...
The steering wheel clock spring is going bad most likely, that's why your radio controls aren't working correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts