Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Forgive me if this question has already been posted. I wasn't able to find a post about it. I purchased my first Titan back in 2004 and loved it. Unfortunately I had to trade it in about 7 months ago for an Xterra because the gas bill was killing me. One of the biggest mistakes I've made. I love my Xterra, but I've missed my Titan ever since I traded it in.

Anyway, my financial status has improved so I'm looking to get a new Titan. My wife and I get dealer cost + 2.5% delivery fee on all Nissan's. Right now you can get $3,500 off on 08 models and $5,000 off 07 models. I'll be getting a galaxy black LE, with Nav and the mobile theater, sunroof, etc.

So essentially I'm wondering if there is any real difference between a fully loaded 07 model and a fully loaded 08 model. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
the front end is diff, the rear diff, long bed if thats what you want, bigger brakes.. and I think thats all

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you happen to know if the 07 has the bluetooth integration for your cell phone?

Unfortunately Nissan didn't keep the 07 specs on its website, so I'm not able to compare the 07 with the 08 model. Another cool feature I'd like is the back up sensor, but I'm not able to find if that is a standard feature on the 07 LE model or not.

Thanks for the quick reply by the way.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
ive got an 07 and no, bluetooth is only on 08s.

my 07 SE came with backup sensors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm definitely leaning toward the 07' now. It sounds like I'll be giving up the bluetooth option and dual climate control. I can definitely live without both of those. I'd rather save the extra $2k or so. If all goes well, I should have it by the end of the week. Hopefully tomorrow :cheers:

·
Registered
56 Posts
meh....i went ahead and got an '08 LE and i love it....its also galaxy black.....
but yeh theres not too much different.... front end... fender flares.... bigger brakes... and tha bluetooth..... o o yeh and i like the headlights on the '08s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah - I'm indecisive. I like the looks of the 08 crew with the long bed. I think this will end up being a game time decision. I wish it was a more clear cut decision. I suppose another advantage of the 08 would be that more "kinks" will have been worked out.

I've also heard the 08 galaxy black paint looks "crisper" than the 07. I haven't seen the two side by side, so I'm not sure how much truth there is behind that.

If anyone has a good argument for or against an 07 or 08 model I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I didn't think the interior plastics were any better in the '08. I do know that the gauges have a different look to them... if I recall correctly, the speedo is smaller in the '08--I like the '07 gauges a little better because of the size of the speedo.

I also have the dual climate but would have liked bluetooth. Bigger brakes would have been nice. Also came with the backup sensors. I didn't like the long bed as much... thought it messed with the proportions, aesthetically. They need a medium bed :).

We went with the '07 because of the discount.

·
Premium Member
59,069 Posts
titanguy25 said:
Thanks guys. I'm definitely leaning toward the 07' now. It sounds like I'll be giving up the bluetooth option and dual climate control.
You can ad a Parrot and you'll have blue tooth. It is easy to install and mine works great. Now I just have to get one for my wife's car.

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/ck3100-lcd

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
From a guy that now owns an '04...

The interior plastics and seat materials are now of a higher quality to compared to the '04-'07 models. I would buy a new '08 for that reason alone. The rest is just other cosmetic updates on the interior, a little on the exterior (grill and bumper area) a 7' foot box for crew cabs and of course one would assume the major bugs are now all worked out.

The guage cluster was also updated with some enhancements that aren't included on '04 - '07 models such as range of miles left based on the amount of gas in the tank, average mpg + a few other bells and whistles that I can't remember.

I also noticed that the 12v power plug-ins were moved. They are now out of the way of the cup holder and shifter. The one in my '04 by the cup holder is kind of annoying at times. Depending on what I have plugged in there I sometimes can't put a drink in the front holder. Minor things I know, but annoying none the less.

Oh... And I wouldn't recommend black. That is what I have. It is the worst color ever. Not only does the paint chip easy, it shows every little chip, scratch, swirl etc. Looks the best though when it is clean.

There are numerous reports on this site regarding the paint, or lack thereof and I'm not sure if Nissan has improved on this or not for the '08 models. Maybe someone else here knows.

Silver will be the color of my next Titan.

·
Registered
40 Posts
titanguy25 said:
Thanks guys. I'm definitely leaning toward the 07' now. It sounds like I'll be giving up the bluetooth option and dual climate control. I can definitely live without both of those. I'd rather save the extra $2k or so. If all goes well, I should have it by the end of the week. Hopefully tomorrow :cheers:

I bought a 2007 LE and they do have dual climate control. I could have bought a 08 but the incentive differences helped me to choose the 07. As far as interior quality goes I saw no real difference in quality just cosmetic changes. The 08's do have more payload capacity then previous years, larger brakes and a few exterior changes but I still like the 07's grill and headlights better.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
specialb said:
I didn't think the interior plastics were any better in the '08.
The center area around the radio, HVAC controls, power plug ins etc. are now made of a color molded plastic with a rough finish - and not painted. Ditto for the center console on bucket seat models. '04-'07 models are smooth and painted silver. For the guy that actually uses his truck like a truck, the paint doesn't hold up. Mine is scratched off in places all around the radio, center console and shifter area etc.

In addition they got rid of them silly neoprene wet suit type seats with fishing line. They stain very easily and the fishing line becomes seperated around the edges where it's stitched in.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
One thing I noticed is that you can't get the off road package on the 08 LE, you have get the Pro-4x for that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
skyhammer said:
One thing I noticed is that you can't get the off road package on the 08 LE, you have get the Pro-4x for that.
Correct and good point. The Pro-4x is what was the OR package. With it comes some other interior options--the cloth and leather is sportier and, I think, better than the non-Pro-4x models. I guess to have an equivalent LE/Pro-4x you'd have to get the '08 Pro-4x and option it up? Anyone have any experience/knowledge on that?

·
Registered
49 Posts
specialb said:
Correct and good point. The Pro-4x is what was the OR package. With it comes some other interior options--the cloth and leather is sportier and, I think, better than the non-Pro-4x models. I guess to have an equivalent LE/Pro-4x you'd have to get the '08 Pro-4x and option it up? Anyone have any experience/knowledge on that?

We looked into this and you CAN get a Pro-4x with the same extras as an LE, and if it is absolutely fully loaded it will cost around $400 more than the same fully loaded LE... which amounts to about the same as adding the old off-road pkg.

We ended up buying the 08 Pro-4x with the leather buckets, Rockford-Foz, Tow-Pkg and Utility Bed.

IMHO- What the other people said about the '08 interior materials being better quality is true. They are much better than my old '04 (not painted plastic and tighter fit lines), and not a single squeak or rattle from the dash (yet). Plus the seats are MUCH, MUCH better from a comfort and quality standpoint than the 04-07, particularly the power passenger seat. I don't think you could even get a power passenger seat on the older ones and my wife couldn't spend more than an hour at a time in the old seats without getting back pain, plus the seatback squeaked and jiggled on my 04. As a testimony to the comfort, last week we drove from Sacramento, CA to Seattle and back with no complaints from the passenger's back or the driver's butt. The dark leather with red stitching and Pro-4x emblems really look nice too.

Happy hunting.

CD

·
Registered
29 Posts
GreenmtnTitan said:
We looked into this and you CAN get a Pro-4x with the same extras as an LE, and if it is absolutely fully loaded it will cost around $400 more than the same fully loaded LE... which amounts to about the same as adding the old off-road pkg.

We ended up buying the 08 Pro-4x with the leather buckets, Rockford-Foz, Tow-Pkg and Utility Bed.

IMHO- What the other people said about the '08 interior materials being better quality is true. They are much better than my old '04 (not painted plastic and tighter fit lines), and not a single squeak or rattle from the dash (yet). Plus the seats are MUCH, MUCH better from a comfort and quality standpoint than the 04-07, particularly the power passenger seat. I don't think you could even get a power passenger seat on the older ones and my wife couldn't spend more than an hour at a time in the old seats without getting back pain, plus the seatback squeaked and jiggled on my 04. As a testimony to the comfort, last week we drove from Sacramento, CA to Seattle and back with no complaints from the passenger's back or the driver's butt. The dark leather with red stitching and Pro-4x emblems really look nice too.

Happy hunting.

CD
I guess I need to go look REALLY hard at my plastics in my truck to see if they're painted. 2007 LE Crew LE. Both seats are powered.

Was your '04 an LE?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts