Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm a new member here and I had an 2008 Toyota Tacoma until february 5th of this year I flipped it 3 times and totaled it :(. However im getting a 25k
check for it and i was wondering just how reliable a 2007 titan with 30k miles and no accidents would be? What are the common issues and is this a truck worth buying? If you could please give me some info it would deffinately help me make a smart decision on a truck. Also one more note what is some good lift kits that are good for titans :) thx for your input

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
By 2007 most of the issues were sorted out. That would be a great truck.

Contact Greg at PRG (site sponsor). He's great at configuring lifts and has great customer service too!

·
Registered
801 Posts
As said by 07 the problems were sorted out.I got my 07 with 25k on it and now have 75k on it and have not had a single problem with it. As far as lifts go Greg at PRG is the way to go

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I have a 2007 with 78k miles... no problems yet.. I've also had a 2004 with 12" lift no major problems not covered under a recall... a 2006 4x4 no problems and a 2008 no problem.. my boyfriend had a 2007 with 50k miles no problems as well..

For lifts? Go with prg...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
my 07 has racked up 54K and the only problems ive had that were not from my doing is my recent cracked flywheel, but its still under warranty and is only used to start my truck so no biggie. but other than that man, i say go for it and goodluck with the lift, i got the procomp and like it for now until i make my own custom lift.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I have an 07 cc 2wd se bt with 44k no issues but a bad battery that was under warranty an probably caused by my stereo anyways I bought it with 14k in 08 for $18k otd

·
Registered
620 Posts
I got a 2007 SE with 20,300 miles on it a few month ago for $20,700 out the door. You could get newer with $25k if you wanted, but if you like that truck then I say go for it. Most of the issues were worked out by 2007 other then I guess bigger brakes on 08+ if that means much to you. I say go for it and use the extra money on the lift. BTW you'll be able to get a ton of info on the lifts off of here, especially if you give some details like 2wd or 4x4. PRG is the way to go but if you just want a basic lift (instead of mid travel or something) you can get most of it figured out on here before you contact him.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Well I have a 07 and I bought it new with 45 miles on it. Im currently at 76xxx and I have went thru two rear ends. (First Time it just happen. Second time I was BSing around playing around in low gears...lol) I am on my third radiator....I also killed my tranny but I believe it was my own fault...lol So all in all I still love my titan! But like others have stated you can get a newer titan for 25K...:)

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I got a 2007 SE with 20,300 miles on it a few month ago for $20,700 out the door. You could get newer with $25k if you wanted, but if you like that truck then I say go for it. Most of the issues were worked out by 2007 other then I guess bigger brakes on 08+ if that means much to you. I say go for it and use the extra money on the lift. BTW you'll be able to get a ton of info on the lifts off of here, especially if you give some details like 2wd or 4x4. PRG is the way to go but if you just want a basic lift (instead of mid travel or something) you can get most of it figured out on here before you contact him.
And that's about right with 20k miles. Add another 10k miles and he should walk out with an 07 for under $19g.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Well I have a 07 and I bought it new with 45 miles on it. Im currently at 76xxx and I have went thru two rear ends. (First Time it just happen. Second time I was BSing around playing around in low gears...lol) I am on my third radiator....I also killed my tranny but I believe it was my own fault...lol So all in all I still love my titan! But like others have stated you can get a newer titan for 25K...:)
Dang! You're only supposed to do that kind of stuff with rental vehicles, not your own. lol!

If I may be so bold, what in the heck are you doing to your Titan in the "lower" gears that's killing the rear diff and the tranny? Slam shifting it into 2nd gear at 80 mph or something??? :eek:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Dang! You're only supposed to do that kind of stuff with rental vehicles, not your own. lol!

If I may be so bold, what in the heck are you doing to your Titan in the "lower" gears that's killing the rear diff and the tranny? Slam shifting it into 2nd gear at 80 mph or something??? :eek:

True that!!!...lol Well i was playing around at a light and I had it in first/second gear.....:(

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I recently traded my 07SE 4x4 with around 36k miles and no problems. dealer gave me payoff which was 19k. I would have tried to sell it for 21k if i didn't trade it but it had leather, rear sensors, magnaflow exhaust, power seat, and some other things.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I recently traded my 07SE 4x4 with around 36k miles and no problems. dealer gave me payoff which was 19k. I would have tried to sell it for 21k if i didn't trade it but it had leather, rear sensors, magnaflow exhaust, power seat, and some other things.
It's very tough to judge if a trade in offer is good or not. On paper, they can make it look great when, in 99% of the time, they're not giving you as good a deal on the new vehicle as you would have had you had no trade.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts