Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I purchased the awesome smoked Spec-D Halos for my '07 SE CC and they look great, but the bulbs aren't what I wanted, so I bought a set of Sealight 9005/HB3 and 9006/HB4 LED bulbs (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K43XKDF?psc=1) which states they fit the 2007 Nissan Titan. I discovered 2 things.
1) The Spec-D headlight has male plugs that plug into the OEM harness, but there's not a way I can see to plug the LED bulbs into the same plug. They DO plug into the OEM harness, just not the Spec-D wiring.

2) I unplugged the entire assembly, plugged the LED bulbs straight into the OEM harness and they produced no light at all.

What am I missing here?

Anyone here upgraded their Spec-D bulbs to LED? What did you use and how do they work?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
The new aftermarket headlight assemblies with halo's may have different different plugs than the OEM ones?

If you could post some pics of the plugs on the LED harnesses and the OEM plugs that would help.

Reactions: Psychlone

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a response from Spec-D themselves.
Turns out that they use the H1 plug, so I just ordered a set of H1 conversion LED and H1 HID (for the projectors that are in these headlights)

I'll post pics of the project when I get the new bulbs. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, this is frustrating. This marks the second time I've completely removed my grille and headlight only to find that it not right AGAIN.
I purchased a new set of H1 HID's for the projectors, got them and they don't physically fit in the socket.
The H1 bulbs that came with the Spec-D headlights have a flat edge that lines up with a metal tab on the headlight. The HID's I just bought have that same flat edge but on the opposite side, making it so the bulb will not sit flush into the socket.
Here's the original: (it obviously fits perfectly)

Here's the new HID I just received. Note the flat part that is on the wrong side:

I tried both bulbs thinking that maybe they were a Left and Right, but both HID's are identical and have that flat edge on the wrong side. There is no way to insert these bulbs turned 180* as per this pic:

Anyone with Spec-D headlights that has successfully upgraded to HID on the projectors and LED for the high beams? I'm about done taking my truck apart just to find out that what I want to do isn't going to work.

It's too bad because these are cool looking headlights, but if they can't be upgraded to HID and LED bulbs, they're useless to me. I always put function before form and I skipped a step this time thinking that function would follow suit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts