Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just programmed my 2008 For +2 T/A, little tricky with the Consult 3 but the only way for 2008 Titans/Armadas...
Will see tonight on the way home from work if it feels different..
kinda like on consult 2 but but had to access from old 2007 z-car for some strange reason...
ECM - Work support - Timing advance at bottom then fallow instructions..
NOTE - Make sure truck is warm (normal operating temp..)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nice. What was the timing degree yours was set to? I saw a couple of different #s from different people for their stock.

Please provide feedback after you burn some gas and maybe some tires tonight...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was set to 0 or 15 BTDC (stock from factory.)
I did 4 at work so i will have 4 different talking about it..
Have you had it done yet ??

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
I was going to have mine done by the dealer, but need to wait until I go back. Let us know if it works so I can tell the tech, thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks I already felt a difference on take off.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Please provide any feedback you have after the timing advance. Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can fell the difference with thorttle responce.. waiting to hear back from other people that I did it for...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Taz,
Can you give me the steps you went through on the Consult 3 to advance the timing on the 08. My mechanic struggled and gave up after an hour. I would love to take the steps back to him to try again.
Thanks,
Okietitan

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OkieTitan said:
Hey Taz,
Can you give me the steps you went through on the Consult 3 to advance the timing on the 08. My mechanic struggled and gave up after an hour. I would love to take the steps back to him to try again.
Thanks,
Okietitan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just posted this to you on another thread for you.. sorry..

Tricky cause our Consult 3 did not have 08 options so i accessed through a
2007 350 z..
ECM - Work support - bottom of list is engine timing - fallow through prompts +2 to 17 BTDC...
Make sure engine is at normal operating temp. & also good to reset
Idle air volume relearn to @ 650 rpm with a/c off & steering wheel straight..

·
Registered
686 Posts
tazstitan: Do you work at Nissan or are you doing the advances on the side? I haven't done the advance on mine yet. I just broke 1200 miles Sunday night so now I'll be off hunting a dealer here in the Bay Area that can do the timing advance for me.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FourDoor said:
tazstitan: Do you work at Nissan or are you doing the advances on the side? I haven't done the advance on mine yet. I just broke 1200 miles Sunday night so now I'll be off hunting a dealer here in the Bay Area that can do the timing advance for me.
----------------------------------------
I work at a dealer but do them on the side.. Dealer will charge $ 95 for my time..

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
any premature wear when you advance the timing like that?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anmut said:
any premature wear when you advance the timing like that?
NO, well except tires..
Its all ECM programming..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I stalled the aem brute force cai monday, I was impressed by the sound and the way it ran. This morning I had the dealer do the 2+advanced timing and wow, what a difference in the way my truck runs. Throttle response was very noticeable coming out of dealers lot, very quick. I was traveling down a two lane road behind a semi and couldn't get over 45, finally came to the 4 lane pressed it down could not believe how much quicker my truck runs. If you have not done this yet, you don't know what your missing for 68.00. Got to get more performance mods.

Have been looking into a new exhaust system, and a friend of mine that has a muffler shop tells me that magnaflow will be offering a stainless steel dual exhaust kit in about 3-4 weeks. This kit is suppose to have all that is needed to do a dual install with tips. Will wait and see just what it really is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts