Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From edmunds.com

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Nissan has just announced a new round of price increases on the 2008 Titan pickup. The new base price on the 2008 Nissan Titan 2WD King Cab XE standard-bed model is $26,075, including a $745 destination charge.

That amounts to a $940 price increase over the sticker when '08 Titan prices were first announced. The 2008.5 Titan pickup, as Nissan calls it, is now $1,630 over the sticker price of the 2007 Titan 2WD King Cab XE.

When asked about the "midcycle" price increase, as Nissan calls it, company spokesman Darryll Harrison had this e-mail explanation for Inside Line: "After the midcycle improvements in 2008 and subsequent equipment updates and realignment of option packages for 2008.5[,] we saw the need to balance out our product value across the range of Titan models. With these changes, the Titan remains a great value for consumers in this segment."

Nissan said in a statement that the "2008.5 Titan includes minor equipment and packaging changes, including the addition of a body-color grille on Titan XE models, the addition of heated mirrors and microfilter on Titan PRO-4X Leather Package and a leather-wrapped steering wheel to the Titan SE Popular Package."

Curiously enough, the 2008.5 Nissan Titan PRO-4X King Cab price remains the same at $32,725, including destination. That's was the original price of the 2008 PRO-4X.

What this means to you: Look out for price hikes on those 2008.5 models — that is, if you even realized there were 2008.5 models out there."

Now why would nissan rep specifically use the term 2008.5 are they talking about the price increase or a term used for the refresh before a major change. Any thoughts on that and this article?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Better keep the rebates going. Don't get me wrong, I love the Titan. I owned a 05 KC SE for about a year, but the Titan isn't setting any sales records. That would be good for anyone looking for a 08. Bad for resale value, but if you keep it for a long time and not trade it in a year like me, who cares, right.

I guess that would explain about a $700 or so hike on the newer models. That is that nissan is calling it an 2008.5. I really don't think it will change the sales too much. The Titan overall is a awesome value. You can really get alot more truck for the buck than Ford, Chevy, or Toyota.

Travis

·
Registered
57 Posts
LOL - that is some timing. I guess the '08 I'm singing for today then is technically an 08.5, but I'm still getting the factory discount and no B.S. price hike.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The dollar is losing value against the yen. Rather than say that the dollar sucks so we want/need more of them, they say that there is added value to the truck instead.

Look for most Japanese products to have price increases as our dollar weakens.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Just about everyone is slapping money on the hoods of trucks to sell them. You would think they would understand this is becuase they are overpriced. I wish all this rebate bull would go away. It always seem the good rebate comes right after I buy. I know they are in the business to make a profit but I wish they would just price them fairly and leave it at that. Leave it to the dealer to take some money off towards the end of the year to clear the lot. You don't get brand loyalty by making your customers feel they got the shaft when new rebates are anounced.:soap:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Nissan needs to do something quick!

Here in Dallas/Fort Worth I am starting to see almost as many new Tundra's as I am seeing F-150's.

Nissan's 2009/2010 model better be bigger, better and more diverse or I feel like the Titan will remain a novelty.

I have to say the Tundra is growing on me....I never thought I would say that.

Nissan needs new agressive TV ads interviewing Titan owners who have had there trucks since 2004/2005 and tell of there positive experiences with the truck and kick the unreliable cloud the hell out of the park. Then maybe the Titan will be seen in the eyes of some consumers as more reliable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts