Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Yes, I know, the search is my friend - however I'm in a bit of time crunch so I'm hoping a kind soul will just answer the question for me.

I'm looking at getting a 2008 Titan. Probably with the [K09] POPULAR PKG W/ROCKFORD FOSGATE & CAPTAINS CHAIRS (PK4) Option.

Description: -inc: steering wheel audio controls, auto-dimming rearview mirror, pwr adjustable pedals, universal garage door opener, outside temp gauge, compass, rear sonar proximity sensor, pwr front bucket seats, Rockford Fosgate premium audio system, Bluetooth hands free phone system, XM satellite radio

I don't really want to pay for the factor nav and dvd entertainment as there are aftermarket options which seem much better. The problem is I l'm not sure what will work.

Crutchfield doesn't show any options for a Titan with this stereo system. From the postings I can tell that people have installed aftermarket stuff.

I'm looking for a Nav system (HDD based) and rear entertainment system (probably overhead as I have 3 kids).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Crutchfield wont show any after market units for the 2008 yet because there is no dash kit for them yet. The only way to install an after market head unit into a 2008 at the moment is to custom refab your current dash bezel.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone does this and posted pictures? Sounds like you may have to be handy with a dremel.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Get the truck as you listed it. For the nav, get a garmin or similar. For the rear you should be able to tie into the factory harness. There is more to adding aftermarket stereo than just a missing dash bezel. The HVAC is wired into the headunit. If you get the truck as listed you will have the best available options with no worries.

·
Registered
53 Posts
sorry but the a/c controls are not connected to the stereo as far as I can tell it is just attached to the bezel that the stereo is in. It is just like the 06 I had. When a new bezel comes out you will just take your a/c controls off the existing bezel and install it on the new one.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
weewane said:
sorry but the a/c controls are not connected to the stereo as far as I can tell it is just attached to the bezel that the stereo is in. It is just like the 06 I had. When a new bezel comes out you will just take your a/c controls off the existing bezel and install it on the new one.

I brought this up because I emailed back and forth with scosche regarding a bezel. I had already bought a navone 4ch loc and just needed the bezel. I was told that they have gone back to the late 80's way of thinking, and that yes. The head unit and HVAC are tied together eliminating the options for an aftermarket. BBF here, the guru of all things schematic even found one showing the wires and how they had us stuck with it. Unless you buy an XE, you are keeping the Nissan HU for a while. Wish it were different because I sure would love to install the Kenwood 7100:coolsmile

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just a clarification or perhaps causing more confusion, but it would appear to me that the A/C and the radio are two separate components. It does look like they use a common wiring harness though. So, it sounds like an entire new harness may be needed in addition to the new bezel.

I would imagine this kind of wiring arrangement has been used in other vehicles. So, it is just a matter of time until some aftermarket company
comes out with some products to fix this.

I too want to install a DNX7100, but I guess I am stuck waiting a while.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
BaseballFanz posted a picture of it, I just can't find it. There seems to be some arguement as to whether or not all SE and LE trucks are effected by this or not. Supposedly if you have digital A/C controls, you are NOT going to be able to use an aftermarket HU period. However no one has been able to tell me with any certainty that the mid-line 6disc Non RF will be under this. I do not have dual zone a/c, so I should not fall under it. I am not however willing to fry any of my CPU's to find out. Not to mention there is no dash bezel available yet.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I too do not want to be the test case for this issue. I don't have digital climate controls either.

Perhaps Baseballfanz can comment as to whether the guy at CT who fried his CPU's had digital climate controls or not - I searched there but couldn't find the thread. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts