Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I buy a loaded 08 160miles on off we go minibiking we load the kawasaki 110 in after riding oops bike falls engine running accelorater catches and voila I have a lovely hole in my new bedliner... well hell no problem i think Nissan will just fix it for me no problem... wrong answer .. I pitch up at my local dealer he looks and says o just go to Line X they do all our stuff ... NOT... The Line X just does not compare in looks, now strength they did tell me they were surprised a kids bike did thats ( in seconds I might add like knife igoing thru butter) and that it would never happen to a Line X well hell Nissan Service calls says go to Rhino went there they said same thing as Line X have to overspray the whole truck but as a bonus I get the tailgate done to !!!

Well after two calls to Nissan 800 num the lovely ladies said I would get a call to help me .. Nothing so far... Im in limbo ... Not real happy at buying a "loaded truck" that I cant even have a simple liner repair done !!! A liner I might add from what I have been told should never have been torn up like that)

I did use a little spray on liner from auto zone to cover the metal but I do love the look of my liner ... just wish Nissan could fix the products they sell .

anyone have any idea of what I can do ??

Great truck though- my first

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
So I guess you have a factory spray bed liner. The dealer should be fixing it or unless they have a agreement with LineX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have the factory Liner
No to dealer fixing
Line X does not have the same product as factory

So far I am under the impression its a new product and Nissan is stumped and has no idea what to do to fix it ....

Line X is great for a bed with no liner or the plastic piece.. It does no compare well with the look of the factory liner ... Durability is another issue

Basically Im being blown off by my dealer and Nissan at this point.. I am sure that will change :werd:

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
there was a guy on here who had his liner re-done do to a TSB and I think he had to bring it to a place Nissan contracted out to. He was happy with the new liner but the place damaged alot of stuff on his truck.

Try another dealer, if not be patient

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
I had a 06 titan with the factory spray on liner and had no problems with it. Now I have a 08 with the same factory spray on liner and I used it to haul mulch and dug into it with a pitch fork, and so far so good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok, I eventually decided that waiting for nissan to call me to help was never going to happen.. I tracked down the company that makes the product and spoke to them about the issue..

They claim its pretty "tough" but anyway the solution to the problem is this so far

Order Part Number RBDL1724 from the service dept, its a kit that "should" allow for minor repairs.. the problem is the color matching might not be correct because a thin layer is applied to the product to get the finish - ( by the way all of these kits have date expired to)

Or

Contact Rhino Linings and ask for a dealer that is authorized to repair the Nissan Lining ( very very few of them)

Anyway PPG is sending me a kit free and I will report back on how it goes and whether the matching is a real problem ...

well a dude called basically said so sad to bad I cant help you ?? O I have 12 dealerships I am responsible for and so sorry I have no way to have it repaired for you

Thats NOT good enough .. I am sorry for a manu to just BLOW you off and tell you that they have NO WAY to repair something they sell .. and no idea when they will have some able to do this repair is just out there ....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im pleased to say that NIssan has stepped up and it seems will be taking care of the issue not sure at who's expense but i get the impression that Nissan will be taking care of the issue..

Will advise as to what was done :blueblob:

·
Registered
306 Posts
The LINE-X product is closer to Nissan's (make that PPG's) liner than Rhino. Your factory liners is paper thin and has a factory 3 year/36K warranty. LINE-X's warranty is lifetime.

You don't like these LINE-X bedliners? By the way, all of these are LINE-X Xtra, resists fading and loss of gloss, maintenance free.

If not, then perhaps you will like Rhino:

·
Registered
82 Posts
A little of subject, but I had Line-X done to my Titan last week and it appears outstanding. I has perfect texture and is thicker than I anticipated. It looks nicer than the OEM and Rhino liners I've seen.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Line-x is amazing... there is no competition. I'm going to recoat my 08 with it very soon! :rockon

Lucky for me, one of my friends owns "Line-x of Miami" so I can get a great price and that little extra touch of perfection. I have seen many trucks that they have done, even for my friends and there seriously is no competition when its done even half way right.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well I posted this earlier on another thread but I'll post it here too, lol. I got mine done last week. I love it. Here's some pics.

·
Registered
691 Posts
i had mine done by my Brother-in-law (he work for the dealer)

a friend (vendor)
did it for me
he said it was a new product
and it was much tougher than Line-x or Rhino liner

he had them spray the tailgate too

it looks like the factory liner but it feels a little more rough/skid resistant

it looks great!
and the vendor charged me for just labor (probable more)
but it was very worth it
it was $200

and i love it, my second best mod
leveling kit being first

by the way guys
i am starting a new site
it is a forum like this one but i am an off-roader (if money will alow) either anyone is welcomed

come take a look linky

·
Registered
691 Posts
lol,

it better be but if not heck it was only $200

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well I finally had it repaired by the Rhino dealer in Daytona really nice guy they did the best they could but still a little depression after much wrangling I ended up bearing the cost of it all I had to drive 150 miles twice to get it done .. the rhino dealer told NISSAN the BEDLINER was defective but John Laduke the NISSAN advisor told the Rhino guy he was wasting his time calling him anyway as NISSAN would not accept the fact its a defective product

They did offer 3 days car rental and $100 FOR DINNER but would not pay $132 for the repair go figure.. It does not look abd at all but not the factory finish

the bottom line is dont mess it up unless you want to respray ... Line X and Rhino are NOT the same they do not have as fine a finish as the PPG but I must say PPG is not a great product

As to NISSAN well I must say "its a waste of time" dealing with you you DONT stand behind your product !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O and by the way the paint on these things SUCK to no titan tough paint here

But still like the truck even though i think Nissan customer service needs a little help

·
Registered
306 Posts
I would like to respectfully disagree with one point. LINE-X does have a fine texture like the PPG bedliner. LINE-X is not the same product as Rhino and they do not look the same. Rhino has more of a gouped on look.

LINE-X:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just had a Line-X bedliner installed in my '08 CC LWB SE. It looks great. They do have to sand the entire bed and then clean with alcohol but the final result looks awesome.

A few notes: The four plugs in the bed bottom will have to be removed and will not fit back in the holes after the liner is added. You could keep the plugs in and have the liner sprayed over them but then getting them out would be much trickier.

Also, there is a small gap at the front of the bed for water drainage. That gap needs to be slightly widened in order for the gap to remain after the liner is added.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts