Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into the 2008 Rockford stereo with bluetooth in an LE being able to be installed in a 2004 LE?

·
Registered
437 Posts
The wiring isn't there, and it doesn't seem as if the software is in the head unit to know what to do with the bluetooth's mute and audio signals. I didn't try using the factory unit, but the pins listed for the QX modules for '06-'07 are the same as the Titan RF radio, but the radio didn't know what to do with the mute signal.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of actually buying the 2008 radio and bluetooth unit and replacing the 2004 radio. It may involve buying a new face controller. You know, the faceplate with the radio, cd etc buttons.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
mhwo said:
I was thinking of actually buying the 2008 radio and bluetooth unit and replacing the 2004 radio. It may involve buying a new face controller. You know, the faceplate with the radio, cd etc buttons.

I doubt it will work. The 2008 has changed big time. You cannot even change out to an after market stereo right now as everything including the A/C and heating control has to go through the radio. They now use something very similar to the CAN communication to tie everything together (radio, DVD player, Bluetooth, A/C heating). I have heard Metra is supposed to make somekind of by pass kit but don't know when it will be release.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts