Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new here < first day > and I recently installed a Nissan ipod interface with the 2 connecting cables. One for the sat radio, one for the Ipod. The directions are good, but they do not tell you that the plug you are looking for to get started is plugged INTO the sat radio box and not hanging as shown in the directions. The hardest part for me of the installation was removing this plug, as it is hard to get a hand on and release the lock clip. Once I got the plug off the rest was quite easy.
The unit works very well and the sound quality is awesome. The menu's are a little slow and awkward at first, but easier as you figure it out. I put the Ipod in the glovebox as per the directions.
With this setup you don't lose the sat radio. When the IPod is unplugged the sat radio is enabled and the presets are still there, unless you removed them.

I hope this helps anyone installing one on their 2008 with the Sat radio factory installed.

Rick

·
Registered
23 Posts
How easy it it to install the interface?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the install took me 1.5 hrs after I got the plug off the sat radio box. Follow the directions from there and you shouldn't have a problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to hear it went well. I just got a '08 Titan and was thinking of getting this. I want to see some pictures of one in action. The display is pretty small so I'm curious how that works. I don't suppose you have any pics?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue doing my install, but it worked out fine. However I lost or never got the operation instructions. Unless I am missing something the it is not straightforward to operate the iPod from either the steering wheel controls or the radio. Does anyone know how to get the operating instructions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts