Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oem hitch. went to bolt it up and saw they already have somethig in the place where my bolts for my hitch go. some kind of bracket looking thing, am i suppose to take that off?

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
First I've heard of that?? The only other thing that bolts on back there is the bumper. I'd double check things and make sure you're looking at the right holes. It should be a 20 min job at tops.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's what im saying. i been reading all the other threads trying to find something about it, but im not gettin anything. maybe i have to take that bracket off, and put the hitch over it. that's the only way really, but iin the instructions it's not saying nothign abut that bracket being there and that it should jsut bolt straight up. was wondering if the 2008 is a lil different cuz the hitch is for 05 and up

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
colby said:
that's what im saying. i been reading all the other threads trying to find something about it, but im not gettin anything. maybe i have to take that bracket off, and put the hitch over it. that's the only way really, but iin the instructions it's not saying nothign abut that bracket being there and that it should jsut bolt straight up. was wondering if the 2008 is a lil different cuz the hitch is for 05 and up
can you take some Pictures?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that lil box reads:

that is where 2 of the bolts go for the hitch. they are occupied by these 2 bolts holding this thing i dont know what is, kinda somewhere you'll tie a rope to get pulled out. got'em on both sides

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
That's the first I've seen anything like that? I'd say remove the bracket and install the hitch. If you want pulled out, use the hitch.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
colby said:

there we go
They look like transportation hooks that your dealer should have removed before delivery. Remove the bracket and install hitch...

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah, there is no possible way for the hitch to install without these things off. I also have an 08, then bought an aftermarket hitch for 04-07's and ran into the same thing. After scratching my head for 20 minutes (being the first time I have put a hitch on a truck), I took these hooks off. I also used the bolts that came with the truck and not my hitch, guessing they might be better quality, but who knows.

Incidentally, I know have two "Rear Tow Hooks" for sale if anybody wants them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I logged in to talk about the brackets that were already installed, held with bolts through the six holes for my new hitch. It looks like the end pieces of a trailer hitch, but it may be tie-downs for shipping. The brackets (we'll call them" are heavy steel, held by five bolts each.

I got all ready to install the new hitch from ETrailer and discovered the brackets. The biggest part of the job was removing the 10 bolts that mounted this bracket. Once gone, installation of the hitch was a piece of cake.

Here's another gotcha. They've apparently changed the nomenclature for the relays. My relay kit said to look for sockets with one label and my two blue relays plugged into sockets labeled "Left" and "Right". I plugged them in and it all worked just fine.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
mekoz said:
Incidentally, I know have two "Rear Tow Hooks" for sale if anybody wants them.

Any pictures of these?

·
Registered
49 Posts
54warrior said:
Any pictures of these?
I didn't take any. They're just heavy-guage steel brackets, bolted to the aft end of the frame with three bolts and to the bumper mount with two additional bolts. They absolutely must be removed to install a trailer hitch receiver.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts